Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cherry Culture Haul: NYX and Milani

  Apologies for the long wait!  I got caught up with two final projects due in two weeks and have started them both this last week, and on top of that full time job AND a friend of mine asked me a favor, so I have also spent some time on a project.  (^__^  );

  I had some time to take pictures of swatches and all of the items I received in my last haul from Cherry Culture.  I have been very pleased with everything I purchased and would like to share with you a mini review of each item!




  Also, in advance I apologize for the picture quality, the lighting was not so good in my bedroom!! 
(-_- ); You will see that I eventually move to my bathroom where the lighting is the best in the house during the evening.  I am looking into building a nice light/product box soon.  I found some nice tutorials, but I do not want to make a huge one or something really elaborate, I just need something that I can take decent product shots with.  Do you guys have light boxes for taking photos of products and such?

  Anywho, I purchased the following from Cherry Culture; NYX Slide on Pencils, a NYX Ultra Pearl Mania pigment, a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (not pictured in the haul pics because I totally forgot!! >_<; ), a Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss, China Glaze 3D Holographic nail polish, which you can see my Manicure Monday post about here.


  I'll start with my review of the NYX Slide On Pencils.  I purchased 3 colors that I thought I would use the most.  I picked up Jet Black, Purple Blaze and Gun Metal.  I will start off by saying all colors really did slide on!!  They went on so nice and smooth and the color payoff was amazing for how much I spent on them. These are definitely comparable to Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencils.  The NYX Slide On's even resemble the UD pencils' packaging a bit.



I love that the packaging says, "Slide on, glide on, stay on & definitely a turn on, water proof, extreme shine eye liner (This eye liner is so good, the name had to be this long!)"  Lol so cute!


Here is a swatch of all three colors (I did not use a primer for any of these pictures). From top to bottom:
Purple Blaze SL10, Gun Metal SL11 and Jet Black SL07


  Each pencil liner was $6 and I feel that this was an amazing deal!  I do not think I have ever purchased a liner this inexpensive and loved the results as much as these ones!  I definitely plan on getting more colors!  Purple Blaze and Gun Metal have a metallic like finish and Gun Metal has small flecks of silver in it and really adds a nice sparkle to the eyes!  The staying power of these pencils are great!  They really last a long time, and did not crease on me after a whole 10 hour day at work, and then even lasted through date night with the hubby after work!  This liner (I used Purple Blaze on my date night) lasted through dinner which was another hour and through a movie for about another 2 hours!  I didn't find that these smudged on me or gave me "panda eyes".  Also, I used the Purple Blaze on my date night in an eyeliner smudge look and it blended out nicely.  However, if you are going to use these liners for a smudged out eyeliner look, be sure to start blending and smudging quickly because once it dries or has had time to set, it does NOT budge!  Honestly, if you do not want to spend around $18 per Urban Decay 24/7 liner, these are something you should give a shot!  Don't get me wrong, I have a few UD 24/7 liners and I love them, as they are high-quality, long lasting, and very pigmented, but the NYX pencils I feel compare nicely and for a better price. I think these NYX Slide On Pencils are well worth my $6 spent and I plan on purchasing more colors!  Try them, these may work for you!  Oh and also an FYI, I have pretty oily lids and I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion on my date night for extra long wear.

  You will see in the picture above with my swatches for the NYX Slide On Pencils, I also have a swatch for the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania pigment in Baby Pink.  It's a sweet, girly, feminine, pearly-pink eye shadow pigment.  The color is gorgeous and perfect for a nice highlighting color or an all over lid color or as a base.  I like it very much.  The pigment is fine-milled and super silky to the touch!  



I really like using this pigment on the center of my eyes for a nice pop and to add more dimension to my eyes.  It's a very nice quality product and Cherry Culture carries this item in many different colors.  I purchased this item for $2.50.  I don't know if this can be a dupe for any other pigment products, but I have seen some bloggers and some Youtubers say that these are nice alternatives to the MAC's loose pigments.  I have never personally tried a MAC loose pigment or any of their eyeshadows for that matter, so I'm sorry I can't actually compare the two.



  I have tried and loved NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils for a long time and have religiously used two specific colors; Cottage Cheese and Black Bean.  I like using these jumbo eye pencils as bases for other colors to go on top.  I decided to pick up another pencil but in Strawberry Milk.  I really like this color, it's super cute, sweet and girly and is a nice compliment to the Baby Pink pigment that I also purchased.  I like this color for more romantic, or girly inspired eye looks.  It's a great color, definitely a good color choice to have for Valentine's Day coming up soon, for that sweet, "in-love", feminine look. ^.~  

  The next two items are the lip products I purchased, and I LOVE them!!!  I'm so glad that I picked them up and they were SO affordable!  (Who doesn't like amazing quality for cheap!?!?)  I decided to pick up a Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in #43 Designer Label.  I really love this color!  It's a pink-peachy shade with adorable pink-peachy shimmers/glitters.  The glitter in this gloss is not gritty at all, and I did not feel it when rubbing my lips together.  I thought I'd address this as some people hate that feeling.  It personally does not bother me and I did not find the glitters to be too chunky or gritty.  The staying power of this gloss is decent. It's pretty average.  I wore it out all day and had to re-apply after eating of course, but other than that it lasts for a good couple hours if you don't drink or eat.  I used this over a lipstick one day and it lasted about the same as if I were wearing the gloss alone.  There is a slight scent, it's not overpowering by any means and it's kind of a sweet scent.  I can't put my finger on what it smells like, but it's nice! ^.^;  (At least I like it and do not mind it at all).  



  This gloss comes with a brush applicator and goes on nice and smooth.  It is not at all sticky, has a good slip and the color is gorgeous!  I'm sorry, I do not have a picture of this swatched on my actual lips.  Also, FYI I have seen other bloggers and Youtubers compare Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour glosses to MAC's Dazzle Glasses.  I have not tried MACS glosses, but this may be something you may be interested in if you want a cheaper alternative with the same or similar quality.




  This next item is definitely a love!  It's the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the color Milan.  You may have seen other bloggers and Youtubers rave about these matte lip creams too!  It's a gorgeous deep pink shade.  I feel that the pink leans more on a warmer tone and can compliment lots of skin tones.  I think this looks nice on me, but it could be just a MLBB (my lips but better) color because I have pretty pigmented lips.  I love the texture of this product!  It's creamy and satiny!  It's really soft!  It's soft during and after application!  (Weird, but it almost tickled me a bit when I put this on the first time lol the applicator is soft!)  It feels almost as if I do not have anything on my lips and the pigment is crazy good!  This also is very long lasting.  I wore this through dinner one night for fun, and it lasted pretty good!  Most of it had come off by the end of dinner, but I had a nice "stain" or tint from it.  I also really enjoy the scent of this product!  It reminds me of creme' brulee!  It has a similar scent to Urban Decay's lipsticks.  (I only have one lipstick from UD and it's in the color Naked)  They have a vanilla-y and almost caramel-y scent, it's definitely delicious!  This was a great buy!  I plan on picking up more colors.  You can find swatches of the other colors on Youtube or other blogs, there are a lot of people who love the Soft Matte Lip creams too!  Also something to keep in mind, if you are purchasing straight from the website, the colors are a bit off, so I encourage you to do your research and look up swatches if you are interested!


Here is a closeup of the two:


  I really enjoy both lip products and found them to be a great value!  You can't beat this great of quality for the cost, at least compared to other glosses and lip products.  The Milani gloss was about $7-8 and the NYX lip cream was around $6-7.  Compared to higher-end products or drugstore, it's a pretty decent price.  So, what did I rate everything that I purchased?

NYX Slide On Pencils
5/5

Pros:
Long-wearing
Very pigmented
Affordable
Comparable or can be dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On pencils
Waterproof

Cons:
Honestly, I cannot really name any besides it being waterproof, so the removal of this liner took more time and was a bit more difficult than other liners.

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania pigment
4/5

Pros:
Variety of colors
Very pigmented
Finely-milled and silky
Long lasting
Affordable

Cons:
Loose pigment, so it can be kind of messy if you are not careful.
Packaging - if you tip it over, you'll end up "fairy dusting" everything -___-
Also, with packaging, I can see if you are getting down to the last of the product, it will be difficult to get it out.  There's no way to use a brush with this, so you have to use your fingers with this product.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk
4/5

Pros:
Makes a nice base for eyeshadow application
Pigmented
Long lasting with a primer
Affordable

Cons:
Packaging - I do not believe that you can sharpen this pencil?  I have not seen anyone talk about doing so, but a lot of people have to depot the product and there are a lot of tutorials you can find on Youtube.


Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss: Designer Label #43
4/5

Pros:
Pigmented
Affordable
Long lasting
Known dupe for MAC Dazzle Glasses
Nice scent

Cons:
I could not find any for myself, but some may not like the sparkles?

NYX Matte Soft Lip Cream: Milan
5/5

Pros:
Velvety, soft, satiny texture
Long lasting
Affordable
Pigmented
Smells yummy!!

Cons:
None for me!  I just want more colors!! XD
  
  That's it for this review!  I hope you found this review helpful and I appreciate you stopping by!  Also, I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures! -___-;  No idea why that happened, I didn't have problems my last few posts.  

  Also, Cherry Culture is currently having 25% off select items and I believe that NYX and Milani are part of that sale!  Also, they are having a 20% Valentine's Day coupon discount as well!  It's good from January 24th - January 31st!!!  I wish I could take advantage of this particular sale and get more items, but I don't have the money to spend right now! T___T  

  Oh and I wanted to share my favorite mug!  lol I was drinking hot cocoa while taking pictures and wanted to share how adorable it was!  My sister-in-law bought it for me! ^__^  I believe she got this from Barnes and Nobles!



  Do you think you'll try out any of the products I mentioned?  Let me know if you decide to take advantage of the sale, I'd love to hear what you are picking up!  Also, stay tuned, I should have a new Manicure Monday post this week featuring a Zoya polish I picked up during the 3 for the New Year promotion they had!  Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll see everyone again real soon!

Disclaimer:  Everything that was reviewed in this post was purchased with my own money! ^__^

11 comments:

  1. ouu I love the NYX pigments! So pretty and shimmery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is so shimmery I love it!

      Delete
  2. great haul! everything looks so pretty *_*
    the hello kitty cup is really cute as well :)

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! ^__^ <3

      Delete
  3. yay, more things to add to my list of "Anna likes it, so now I wanna try it too" XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I like that the things I picked up are super affordable too, so if you end up picking stuff up let me know what you think! ^^b

      Delete
    2. I will! I have a wishlist all set up at Cherry Culture (missed the sale = sadface) so as soon as I can I'll be grabbing some shadow and eyeliner and other stuff, definitely a haul! I'll set aside time for a post of what I got, although I still don't have a way to get pics...

      Delete
    3. Actually, there is still a 25% (like slash pricing) going on, on some of the items I picked up still so it's 25% off the original price now, but the extra coupon before made it even cheaper :/ (which is now expired). Hope you find a way to get pics up soon! ^^

      Delete
  4. You can sharpen the NYX Jumbo Pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...