Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

FOTD: Smudged Eyeliner

    Hey ladies (and gents?)!  I wanted to share my FOTD (face of the day) with you today.  I decided to go with some color today, instead of my usual/everyday black or brown eyeliner.  I was also having a really great hair day if I do say so myself. (^.^ );



Below, is an attempt of closeups for the eyes open and closed.  You can totally see my sweet ninja blending skills right? *sarcasm*






What I used today:

Face:
Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream (I doubled up and used a bit of this as concealer on some spots around my face, as well as under the eyes.)


the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer as highlight on the tops of my cheeks, center of the eyelids, brow bone and nose bridge.

Cheeks:

Eyes:
Sonia Kashuk Eye Definer in Purple Passion (I purchased mine at Target)
the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer as inner eye corner highlight
Dolly Wink Long Mascara (Volume formula here and here.)

Lips:

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey (I purchased mine at Target)
Before the stain, I used The Body Shops Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm in Lychee (This stuff smells like a real lychee fruit! I love it! It also has a bit of shimmers in it too.  It is also reminiscent of those jelly lychee candies you can buy at Asian markets!)

Brushes Used:
Everday Minerals Long Handled Kabuki (I love this brush it's so soft!)
Everyday Minerals Tapered Sculpting Face brush (for highlighting)

I basically followed the tutorial below from one of my fave Youtubers, Bubzbeauty.  I love her!  She always has amazing tutorials and great tips!  So if you liked my FOTD do check out the tutorial below to see how to do it! (^__^ )b



  My top is from Romy. I purchased the top at the store in my local mall.  The top that I purchased is in the color Cream.  On their website, it appears the top is white or a teal color.  I love this store and I check it often if I am at the mall because they always have killer sales.  I got this top at the store for 40% off and only paid about $16 for it.  (It was originally almost $40, $38 and some change, plus tax).  I am a girl on a budget but I do like cute clothes!  I'm sure a lot of you out there are on small budgets also, so I will be sure to list affordable and cute clothes or accessories if I stumble upon them.  I am always looking for a good deal!

  I know I haven't really updated too much since the holidays, but I hope you all enjoyed this FOTD and I hope to post again soon.  I also decided to add the brushes I used today because I thought that they were worthy of mentioning.  I have had my Everday Mineral brushes for a few years, and I love them so much!  Not only are they soft and get the job done, but they are also super affordable and inexpensive.  Another plus is that they are vegan-friendly and animal cruelty free!  They are also synthetic brushes.  Let me know if I should do a review on the ones that I currently own!  

  I am expecting a small haul from Cherry Culture as I decided to pick up a few things with some extra cash I had from holiday over time at work.  The order has been shipped and I am waiting for it to arrive!  I will be sure to post pictures and reviews to let you know what I think of some of the products!  Check back for my thoughts on a holographic nail polish I picked up by China Glaze, as well as some NYX items. 

Hoping everyone has been having a great week, and I will post again soon!

25 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think it looks more natural than when you put a 'normal' eyeliner wing on your eyes. It looks great on you.

    Lots of love, RJ.
    http://www.fuckhighclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am an avid "winged" liner kinda gal, but I agree with you the smudged look is much more natural, it's way faster too! lol. Thanks for stopping by again RJ ^^ <3

      Delete
  2. The pop of colour is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice :)

    www.brenda-lu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, i like your blog :)
    you want to follow eacht other via gfc ?
    I would be happy.
    love greetings, lucia <3

    http://lucci-gucci.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh good heavens, you're beautiful! I especially LOVE that last pic: so cute :O I wish I was photogenic like that X) so glad you mentioned your top, too, cuz I was gonna say it's way cute. And yes, you were having a great hair day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Les! <3 ^___^; *blush blush*

      Delete
  6. Ohhh… ABSOlutely pretty!!!And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!HAPPY 2013 dear!!!

    Check out my blog to discover the Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX --- I’ll be waiting for you!!! (We could followed each other by GFC, Bloglovin’ or Facebook

    ABSOkisses!!!
    Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very good and you are so pretty.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! ^___^ <3

      Delete
  8. I know that this is supposed to be an eyeliner post, but I cannot stop staring at your eyelashes! Wow, that mascara is seriously working for you!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! <3 I love this mascara it's like a magical push-up bra for my lashes! lol! I love the header of your blog by the way, so beautiful!

      Delete
  9. this post is really helpful..
    cant wait to see more post from you.. ;)

    margarethink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that! ^____^ One of my main goals was to be helpful! I finally got my Cherry Culture order so expect a review on possible dupes soon! Thank you so much for reading. <3

      Delete
  10. I quite like this look! It looks so simple yet effortless, and it really brings out your eyes natuarally :) You lashes look amazingly long and pretty, so jealous :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! <333 I'm glad it looked natural and not over-done, it was what I was aiming for :P And my lashes only look like that with mascara and a good eyelash curler. Maybe I should share my lash/mascara routine? ^^

      Delete
  11. such a sweet look overall! Your eyes are so big, and the make up really makes them pop o:
    Your shirt is so pretty! 16$, wow great find. I'm definitely on a budget as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 I was pretty excited when I saw the shirt too! I'll be sure to keep including good and affordable finds! Thanks for reading! <33333

      Delete
  12. your eyelashes are gorgeous!:)
    i love bubzbeauty too!:) are you vietnamese? or chinese?:)

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! Haha my eyelashes take a lot of time and patience for sure to get them that way! Bubz is great! She's one of my all-time fave youtubers! I am 100% Laotian. ^^

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...