Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

[Tutorial/Routine] My Mascara Routine

  Hello everyone!  I'm sorry I have not posted anything in sooooo long!  I have been very preoccupied with work and school!  I finally got the chance to relax and I decided to do a long awaited post!  I wanted to share with you my lash routine, as I have received comments on how long they look naturally!  I do not have that long of lashes and they are not voluminous at all either.  They also stick straight out and sometimes downwards too! -___-;  I also have a very hard time keeping a curl. ;____;  Take a flip with me to find out how I create naturally long/falsie like lashes without the falsies!


  You will need a couple things; a traditional eyelash curler, an electric eye lash curler (optional, but it works best for me) and a fibrous mascara.



  I have had my Shiseido eyelash curler for years and I still love it.  I believe I have had the same one for about 5+ years now and it still works like new.  It's perfect for my eye shape and doesn't pinch.  It was like the best $20 I ever spent, and it was my very first makeup tool I ever bought. ^__^  You can purchase the Panasonic Electric eyelash curler off Target.com or do a Google search for it.  I believe I purchased mine off Target.com a few years ago.  And of course, I used my HG mascara, Dolly Wink Long. I love this mascara!  I used Dejavu Fiberwig mascara for a few years and then tried this one out and never went back.  With the electric eyelash curler, I've used it for years, so from personal experience, it did not damage my lashes or burn them or anything harmful like that.  I'm not sure if you can use it with ordinary or traditional mascaras, but it is best used with fibrous ones like Fiberwig, Dolly Wink or Shiseido's Majolica Majorca lash expander.



  Here are my lashes bare, no mascara and not curled.  You can see that they are not very defined, curled or voluminous at all.  I do not have super short or stubby lashes, but I do have a hard time with keeping a curl, which is why I decided to try an electric lash curler and stuck with it.  I first started this lash routine when I first saw Eki's post on her blog about how she achieved a falsies look without falsies here.  This is the only way I ever do my mascara anymore and it works the best for me.  Before I made this my daily lash routine, I used to just curl lashes and use 2-3 coats of Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara.  I liked that formula a lot and would recommend it.




  First off, I like to curl my lashes with a traditional lash curler for the original lift and curl.  The second picture shows you the difference between the left side and the right side.  You can see that they are lifted and curled so they show up a bit more on the left. I like to curl with a traditional curler first so that I have a lifted foundation to work with.  You can skip this step if you have naturally curly lashes or if you're in a hurry.  ~_~;


Next up, you will need to apply 1 coat of mascara.



You can already see a difference between the left and right eye.  My lashes already appear a bit longer with just one coat of mascara!


Both eyes with 1 coat of mascara.


Both eyes with 2 coats of mascara.


Now it's time to add the mega curl!  Heat up your electric lash curler.



It starts purple and will turn pink once it has heated up.


You want to start at the base of the lashes and work your way up to the tips.  You want to curl by pressing the lashes from the root upwards.  You do not want to run the lash curler up and down like you are applying mascara.  You just keep it pressed upwards, bit by bit.  This is the part that takes me the most time, because I like my lashes to be very curled.


You can see the difference after I have curled the lashes on the right eye.  They appear longer, and more defined.  You can probably do 3 coats of mascara and then electric curl for a more voluminous or more lengthening effect, but I thought this looked natural, yet defined enough with 2 coats of mascara.



Both eyes done!  Curl, mascara, electric curl and there you have it, naturally longer looking lashes without having to use falsies!



  Some things I forgot to mention that I do on a daily basis.  I do condition my lashes, but this is not necessary if you don't want to.  I like to to keep them soft and I read somewhere a long time ago that conditioning lashes would help them grow.  I use jojoba oil as a daily and nightly moisturizer.  I layer it on underneath my sun screen in the morning and layer it with other products at night.  I also use it to take my eye makeup off and I find that it does a nice job and gets rid of any mascara or eyeliner residue.  It also helps condition your lashes while you cleanse or moisturize!  I just dab a bit on my lash line and gently massage it in and around my eyes to help keep my eye area hydrated.

Oh and what I have on my face:

Holika Holika Holy Deer Eyeshadow in #02: I used the dark cocoa color and pressed it into my lashes.
Holika Holika Pearly Eye Crayon in #5 Pearly Pink for highlight on my brow bone and a touch on my lower lash line.

  So this is how I do my lashes every time I do my makeup!  I hope this was helpful and that it's something you will try out!  Fiber mascaras are magical and I highly recommend finding a decent one or at least trying it out.  This works for my puny and straight lashes and the electric curler keeps my curl lasting all day and through the night.  I find that if I use a fibrous mascara and I do not use an electric curler, the curl doesn't last long at all, at max for me 30 minutes to an hour.  So an electric curler is a must for me!  I hope this was helpful to you guys, and let me know if you try it out and how it works for you!  Stay tuned for my next post, it will most likely be a Monday Manicure or a review on some products I have been testing out lately!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  

5 comments:

  1. wow! your routine makes your lashes look like you're wearing falsies :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^__^b Thanks! I was totally hoping for that! haha, sometimes I'm more successful than other days though >.>; Glad you stopped by thanks again <3

      Delete
  2. love your blog! keep it up!

    i just did an outfit post :) what do you think about it?

    i would appreciate it if you follow my blog too!
    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...