Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring and Easter!

  Hi everyone!  It's Easter weekend, and Spring has sprung!  Today was one of the nicest days in a long time.  Instead of saving this post for a Manicure Monday post, I wanted to share in time for the holiday and because I'm excited for warmer weather.  Today's manicure features Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet.  I have to say I really love this mint color!  It's the best one I have found so far that suits my skin tone nicely!  It's the "truest" mint out of all of the other one's I have/tried.  Most other mint polishes turn out too blue-green and some just look turquoise.  (-__- );  I was at Target and had Mint Sorbet in my hand, as well as Essie's coveted Mint Candy Apple.  I almost bought both, but I didn't need two new mint polishes, and I thought I'd like Mint Candy Apple because of the swatches I've seen online, but when I saw the bottle, it seemed like it would just be too blue/turquoise on me.  So, I went with Sally!  And I am glad I did! (^-^ )b



Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in #340 Mint Sorbet

  I decided to do a Spring mixed with a touch of Easter for my nails this week.  I have been on a mint kick and I have been on the hunt for anything mint!  I really love the color, it's refreshing, bright, and happy!  It makes me smile! ^__^  It's probably one of my most favorite pick-me-up colors!  


  I decided to do mint with white polka dots and for my accent nail/ring finger, I inverted the colors!  I suck at polka dots, I can't keep them straight!  Everyone else does such perfectly symmetrical dots!  



  I added the bunny on my thumb, for the "touch" of Easter.  All in all, I like the way this manicure came out.  It's kinda cute and it's pretty eye catching.  And did I mention?  I really love this mint shade. XD  So what did I rate this polish?

Pros:
Long wearing
Opaque in 2 coats
Perfect mint shade
Affordable

Cons:
The consistency is a little thick and can get gloopy.

My rating:
5/5

  I rated this polish 5/5 because I really love it!  The shade is perfect, it's long wearing and dries pretty fast.  It was super affordable, and the color!!! *dies*.  The only thing I did not care for about this polish is the consistency, it's on the thicker side and can make getting even coats a little difficult.  But, it's nothing I won't put up with for this amazing mint color!  Hope you all enjoyed this nail post as much as I did!  I'd love to hear what everyone's plans are for this Easter or Spring?  Any Spring Break plans?  I'll be back soon with an outfit post!  I did a wee' bit'o shopping the other day and I plan to share my mini haul with you.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Thanks again for stopping by!  Until next time!


PS!!!!  If anyone else had the same problem that a lot of bloggers are experiencing with their lightboxes not working, there is a workaround here.  I added this to my HTML for my template and now my lightboxes work!

28 comments:

  1. Wow! I agree, the color is to die for! i have been looking for a fresh mint color polish like that for a while and I will def. look into this one because the color is just amazing!
    I love that little bunny on your thumb! It's so cute!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I looked at so many other bunny nail art pictures and bunny nail tutorials and just decided to sort of mix all of my favorites together! I highly recommend this mint polish particularly if you are looking for a true mint green shade. It's not too blue at all! Thanks for your comments! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh,such a cute design,love it.*__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! Happy Easter! <3 =^-^=

      Delete
  3. That easter bunny is so cute! Your polkdots turned out just fine - when I try nail art of any kind it just goes wrong haha. Love that mint green colour too~

    http://parodiesoffashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the bunny! I was looking at tons of pictures of bunny nail art and decided to mesh a few of them together lol. And it definitely takes practice doing any nail art. <3 Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Your nails look super adorable. I want to get a dotting tool to make my nails look like that. :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dotting tools I used were really cheap, but you can find them waaay cheaper on eBay! Also, if you can't find dotting tools, you can use bobby pins, they work just as good ^__^b Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Love the nail polish!

    -Sarah
    http://perfectlygrey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww this is so adorable!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the ice neon or fruit pastel collection by models own! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^__^ I love your blog! Thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. ooohhh this is too cute!!! Love the green shade!! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the perfect mint shade for my skin tone! I highly recommend it! <3 Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. love mint nails polish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great spring shade!!

      Delete
  9. I love it! So cute *_*
    The nail polish looks great ;)
    xx
    Katha

    showthestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGGGGGGGGG the bunny is super duper cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee love the color you use too!

    do you want to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed my post! Thank you again for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  11. Love your inspiring blog :)

    xoxo
    http://singingthumbelina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you so much! ^__^ Glad you enjoyed this post! <333

      Delete
  12. lovely nail art <3
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  13. great colour ! :)


    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite literally the most true mint shade EVER haha. Thanks for visiting ^___^b

      Delete
  14. I was gonna say that I liked the metallics in your most recent post. Then I scrolled down and saw speckled nails and I thought that was cute. But you have a bunny on your nails! Ridiculously awesome, adorable, and well done!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! ^__^ I'm glad that people thought the bunny was cute, because it took me FOREVER! lol I also had a few do-overs too haha.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...