Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Favorite Lip Products at the Moment

  Hello everyone!  It has been a very long time since I last posted, and I finally have some swatches/mini review/favorite lip products at the moment post for you!  Today I'm featuring two products from NYX and a Dior Addict Lipstick I splurged on using gift certificates for my birthday a few months back.  Take a flip to see some swatches and find out what I thought about all three lippies! (^. ~ )v


Top: NYX  Soft Matte Lip Cream - Amsterdam. Middle: NYX SMLC -  Milan.  Bottom: Dior Addict Lipstick - Dior Kiss


  So the first lippie I am showing you is Dior Addict Lipstick in Dior Kiss.  It is one of the most luxurious products I own, and one of the most expensive.  This item was definitely a splurge for me, but I decided to use a gift certificate at Sephora I received for my Birthday a few months back and it has been one of the best investments ever!  I truly adore the texture, moisturizing properties and the color I chose was a nice color on me.  I also really love the glossy finish.  It has decent lasting power, but I did reapply occasionally after 2-3 hours.  After eating, it is definitely something you will need to reapply.


Dior Addict Lipstick #578 Dior Kiss


  The color I picked up is Dior Kiss #578 and it is a really nice rosy sort of pink.  It's a fairly translucent kind of color, but it is nicely pigmented and has a nice glossy finish.  I have been wearing this a lot lately and I love it!  I hope to pick up different colors from this line in the future, because I love the texture so much.  These glide on super smooth and has a nice slip to it.

My Rating:
4/5
Pros:
Glossy finish
Moisturizing texture
Good color payoff
Long lasting
Variety of colors
Cons:
May need to reapply on occasion
Expensive
Could have more product in the tube
  
  The next product I want to share is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan.  Milan is a very nice nudey, neutral warm pink (at least on me).  I think it's fairly flattering and a nice everyday kind of color.  It's definitely work and appropriate and nice for days where you don't feel like wearing too much.  The texture of these lip creams are to die for!  They really are soft, they're also very velvety on the lips and do not feel drying at all.  The lasting power is pretty decent as well.  It lasted me a few hours, and then obviously after eating you would need to reapply.  I also really love the scent!  It sort of reminds me slightly of Urban Decay's lipsticks with that creme brulee sort of scent/vanilla scent.  These lips creams are not super moisturizing but they are not drying at all either.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan



Top: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Milan.  Bottom:  Dior Addict Lipstick Dior Kiss

  The next product is probably my absolute favorite out of the two NYX lip creams that I picked up.  This one is Amsterdam.  It is a super punchy, vibrant and bright red and it is amazing!!  I received a few compliments on this color.  I would say it is a warm tone red that leans more on the orangey side.  It is one of the most flattering reds I've ever tried.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam



 My Rating:

5/5

Pros:
Long lasting
Great color selection
Very pigmented
Nice scent
Non drying
Very affordable

Cons:
Will stain lips, but it is not flattering unless you reapply.

And now, because it's been so long since I blogged, I'll leave you with some silly pics.  Meet my moogle, Moggie.  He's adorable!  I believe he's a FFXI edition moogle.




Just kidding he's okay! XD

And Just for fun here are some more pics of my fave: Amsterdam.



  Thanks so much to everyone who follows me and reads my posts.  I'm grateful for your patience with me!  I hope you enjoyed this post and that you decide to pick up some of these products and try them out yourself!  Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend last week, and I hope you are all enjoying your weekends currently!  I'll be back Monday with a new manicure post!  Stay tuned, and I'll see you soon! ♥

2 comments:

  1. You munching on a Moogle: unlawfully cute XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ^.^; Why thank you! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...