Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

[Review]: Mizon Hydra-Full Solution Water Volume Moisture BB Cream SPF 25/PA ++

  Hello again everyone!  I'm back with another review as promised!  I'm pretty proud of myself since I posted a previous review on the brushes I purchased a few weeks ago from Bubbi Brushes, you can find the review here.  Today I wanted to share my thoughts on a new BB cream I recently picked up a few weeks ago from Pretty and Cute.  I have been using it for about 2 weeks straight and have been loving it so far!

I present to you, Mizon Hydra-Full Solution Water Volume Moisture BB cream!  (Wow, what a mouth full lol!)

 

  To find out how this BB cream holds up to my coveted and very much loved Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream and the other Skin79 BB's I have (you can find my review for the Holika Holika BB cream here), take a flip!



  To start, I like the packaging, it's simple and plain, yet has a nice attractive simplicity about it.  The BB cream comes in a tube form and is very hygienic and seems like it would be great for travel.  This tube is for sale on Pretty and Cute for $15.99, which is not a bad price, it's not overly expensive and it's not totally cheap, it's an average price I feel for a BB cream.  It is definitely a lot cheaper than the HH Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, by almost $10.  I will be the first to admit, I am fairly frugal and do not really like to spend money, but if I want something I am good about saving up some side cash for the purchase of something I have had my eye on.


  Onto how this product works.  Upon first application, this product has a nice kind of "cooling" effect once it hits your skin.  This is really refreshing on the hot summer days we have been experiencing these last 2 months.  The color of this BB cream is a little more on the yellow side, at least more so compared to the Skin79 BB creams that I have.  Compared to the HH Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream I have, Mizon's BB cream is not as yellow toned.  The texture is nice and creamy, and then once you start to apply the product it keeps a semi-creamy-watery consistency and tiny water droplets form, as part of the "hydra/water/moisture" claim of this product as you can see in the picture below.


Like many other BB's, this one comes only in one shade. You can see in the picture below, that it does leave a slight white/gray cast on the skin due to the SPF in the product, however I did not notice that this cast was very prominent after the application of the cream on my face after a few minutes (once it's oxidized). For me personally, this is not something to be worried about, it's nothing a little tinted blotting powder or bronzer can't fix. (^.~ )v  (I use MAC's Blotting powder in Medium Dark, however in the pictures in this post, I used the Tarte Amazonian Finishing Micronized Clay powder).  If you have used Skin79's BB creams before and do not mind the cast, this is nothing.  I personally feel that Skin79's BB's are grayer/whiter in the cast than the Mizon here.  Also, given enough time, I believe all the BB creams I use oxidize decently to my skin overall (of course this is different for everyone, since we all have different skin chemistry).  Also for reference I am an NC25 to NC30 in MAC.


  I believe that this BB cream acts similarly to the Lioele Water Drop BB cream, because it forms drops of water for added moisture during application.  When using Mizon Hydra-Full, I put about a pea sized amount on my finger and rubbed them together until the water forms, then I take my finger tips and gently dot/pat the product all over my face and into my skin until it is absorbed.  The BB cream dries to a semi-dewy finish and looks very natural.  Below, I took some before and after pics and fashioned them side by side so you can compare the difference.  

**Side note:  I know, I do not actually need any kind of BB cream or foundation really, however I like to use these products to even out my skin tone and help keep it balanced/tone down the redness I get frequently.  It may not show in the picture well, but my skin without makeup is a bit on the dull side in some areas, and I also get blotchy and red sometimes on the cheeks, and around the nose and mouth, and on occasion around the eye area.  I do not have really dark or noticeable dark circles, but if I do have them, BB creams are usually enough to blend the darkness away a bit.  BB creams are also extremely beneficial to lightening the old scars or acne blemishes I still have as well.**


In the picture above in particular, you can see the slight redness on my cheeks, some people may even call it a natural blush/flush.  On the left side, is my bare face aside from moisturizer and sunscreen.  My eyes also appear more sallow and a bit tired.  On the right, you can see a bit of the white/gray cast from the Mizon Hydra-Full BB cream, but it adds a nice brightness to my skin, alleviating the dullness I was talking about earlier.  You can also see that I have an overall evenness on my skin as well.  I also noticed in comparing the before and after, my eyes in the after picture appear to be more awake and definitely brighter compared to the left before picture.


Hopefully this comparison picture will help you see the difference more clearly, since both pictures are a bit more close up.  In the after picture, this was a good amount of time after the BB cream application, and you can see that there is a bit of white/gray cast still, but not as bad as the pictures before, so I'd say this product oxidizes nicely.  There is a light scent to this BB cream, but nothing overwhelming or gross.  It has a nice sort of fresh scent, but I think it smells really nice and refreshing!  You can also see that this BB cream has a decent coverage, though I'd call it sheer, as you can see some of my acne scarring and pigmentation on the upper parts of my forehead are a lot less visible in the after picture.  I would not recommend this BB cream for those of you who are looking for a heavier coverage, I feel that if this product is layered or piled on too much, it may become cakey or look greasy.  The picture above is one light layer and I feel that it concealed my hyper pigmentation and some acne scarring beautifully.

  Now, after a few hours, I'd say about 4+ I got increasingly "shiny".  With this BB cream, I find that I need to blot a lot more often after a few hours.  Especially with the hot weather recently, this BB will definitely get shiny.  I got shiniest around my "A-Zone"?  The shine was really my entire nose area, especially around the sides of the nose and the cheek area closest to my nose.  I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I also find that sometimes I get shiny/oily beneath my eyes on the cheek area nearest my nose as well.  A good blotting or oil control powder is a must for this BB cream, especially in the humid or hot weather and if you are wearing this for more than a few hours.  I carry around blotting papers and it did the trick.  Aside from the day I took these pictures, I used the BB cream with the MAC Blotting powder and I noticed that the shine was less apparent and I had to blot less frequently.  Comparing this to another "moisturizing/water" based BB cream; with the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, I do not need to blot as often as the Mizon Hydra-Full in general, regardless of the setting or blot powder I used.  I set my makeup in the morning when I get ready, and by the afternoon (about 4-5 hours later) I only ever really need to use blotting tissue once or twice throughout the day.  With the Mizon Hydra-Full, I had to blot after the first initial 4 hours, at least once every 2 hours, if I wore the BB cream all day into the night.  The shine is not something I will let go on me personally because I do not look "dewy" when I get shiny, I look straight up grease ball!  If you are blessed with non-oily skin, this may be the perfect BB for you, it's hydrating, refreshing and lasts all day long.  That's the other thing about this BB is that even though I get shiny and oily, and blot more often than my other BB's this baby lasts all day and all night on me, because when I go to remove all of my makeup at the end of the night, there is still a good amount of BB cream that wipes off on my makeup removing towelettes.  (^.^ )b  I will say that I have a feeling this BB cream will be amazing in the Winter or colder months of the year or for those of you with extremely dry skin.

  So what would I rate Mizon's Hydra-Full Solution Water Volume Moisture BB cream?

4/5

Pros:
Long lasting
Affordable
Moisturizing
Evens skin tone
Reduces redness
Comparable to other BB's (Holika Holika Aqua Petit and Skin79 BB's)
Hygienic packaging
Travel friendly packaging
Non irritating (At least for me and my sensitive skin)
Did not break me out
Looks and feels natural
Forms water droplets for added moisture
Application is smooth - Like butta'!

Cons:
Need to blot regularly (especially if you have oily skin - some may be able to get away with the "dewy" look)
White/gray cast is a bit noticable (maybe too much for some)
Only comes in one color
A good blot powder or oil control powder is a must (especially if you have oily T-zone!)

Repurchase:
I think once I have used this tube up, and the rest of my Skin79 BB's are finished I would definitely repurchase, as I know this will be perfect for me during the Winter and colder months.

  So I gave Mizon Hydra-Full a 4/5 and doc'd 1 point for the regular need to blot for oilier skin types as this is a bit of a con.  Compared to the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, (since they are both in a water based BB family) I feel that the HH's Aqua Petit will still remain my absolute favorite summer BB cream, over the Mizon Hydra-Full just because HH's Aqua Jelly is a yellow tone which suits my skin tone better, and I do not need to blot as often.  However, with that being said I would still highly recommend Mizon Hydra-Full BB cream, because it's a great product!  I love the moisturizing properties and the ability to smooth and even out my skin tone is a huge plus for me!   Here are a few pictures of my finished makeup!


  I hope this review was helpful and informative if you were looking into getting this BB for yourself.  You can purchase this BB cream from Pretty and Cute.  They have a large selection of other BB's and a very helpful staff.  They also provide very fast shipping and competitive prices.  I mainly like shopping with them because of how quickly I receive my orders and the small shipping costs AND I know the products I am receiving are authentic and I do not need to worry about any knock-offs with Pretty and Cute.  I also do not need to wait 2-3 weeks to receive my products since they are based in the US.  ^__^

*Additional Information*

  In case you were wondering about a few things, in the final pictures, I kept it pretty simple.  I received a Birthday gift from Sephora which was the Benefit dual pack with the mini "They're Real" mascara and "Watt's Up" highlighting cream mini.  I used the highlighter on the cheeks, on the lids, brow bone, and inner corner of the eyes.  I used the darkest cocoa brown color from the Dolly Wink 02 Eyeshadow palette and smudged it into my upper lash line.  For the lips, I used a mini of Laura Mercier Gel Lipstick in Grapefruit.

  My red-polka dotted "usamimi" or bunny ear headband, I actually made it myself!  I made one with wire and one without in two different patterns, the red-polka dotted one you see in the pictures and one that is white with red flowers.  I used the DIY video that you can watch here!  Secretlifeofabionerd is amazing!  Definitely check out her Youtube channel!  She has amazingly simple and adorable DIY's including the Usamimi headband tutorial.  I highly recommend this tutorial for the bunny ears, if you do not want to spend a silly amount of money on them.  If you buy the materials and make them yourself, you can save so much money and make multiple headbands!


  I think this about wraps up my review, again I hope this was helpful and feel free to ask any questions if I forgot to cover something!  I'll do my best to answer your questions!  Also please keep in mind, everyone's skin is different so what may work for me, may not work for everyone else!  Thank you to everyone who has been patient and has continued giving me support! ♥

Disclaimer:  All of the products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money.  Any companies or websites mentioned are not affiliated, nor are they sponsors.  All of my reviews are 100% my own personal and honest opinions based on my own personal experience with the products.

44 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! This BB cream sounds like it might be better in cooler weather due to the shiny issue! You're so cute with your polka dot head band :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found this helpful! ^__^ Yes this bb will definitely be amazing in the cooler months of the year. And Thank you very much! I love the bunny ear trend!

      Delete
  2. Ah thank you for writing this review Anna! I have similar problems with a slightly oily T-zone, but it's usually ok as long as I use some powder(:

    I haven't got round to trying out the headband tutorial that you recommended me before, but yours is so cute that I really want to make one right away! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ^___^ I noticed the shiny T-zone was not as big of a deal with a decent blotting powder. ^__^b

      The headbands are fairly easy to make ^__^b I hope you make one soon, I'd love to see how it comes out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo
    http://singingtuhmbelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so adorable on your pics anna! and the headband is just <33 thanks for pointing out the shiny effect that comes after hours of applying it its my major concern with liquid face make ups. i have an oily tzone and i don't usually notice its oily. so i really look for products that avoid this as much as possible :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Shayne! It was actually a lot of fun making the headbands too! Yes that was my only major concern with this BB cream was the shine and "moisture" in the product. It really does keep your skin moisturized, but for me a bit too shiny.. I have been wearing it often and using a really good blotting powder really helps and I don't have to blot as often. Because we have oily t-zones I think this is something we could use during colder months (at least for me because I get extremely dry in the winter).

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review,great post! I love your blog and would love if we both followed eachother? let me know if you would like to:)x

    http://vintageapparel.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the post! ^___^

      Delete
  6. Looks very nice on you! =D It looks very hydrating. I personally like the dewy look! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUPER hydrating! Definitely helped with any dry patches I may have had while testing it out, and I actually love the dewy look as well, however my dewy = greaseball! lol Thanks for checking the review out Jen! <3

      Delete
  7. It looks quite nice on you =)

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very detailed and helpful review, Thanks ^^
    I love bb cream and there's just so many out there!! sometimes it's difficult to choose the right one and my skin seems to change season to season.


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the review helpful! It was the first product I ever decided to just purchase on my own without purchasing because of other reviews. It was a good buy! And I agree, there are too many bb creams out there! XD I think I have a bb cream for just about every season, or stage my skin may be going through. Thanks for visiting again Emi <3

      Delete
  9. Super cute headband, girl! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^__^ It was really fun making them too, it's super easy, I highly recommend the DIY I linked. Thanks for visiting!! <3

      Delete
  10. I love that cute headband!! I want one haha.

    This seems like a really nice product. I tend to get pretty oily in the summer, but my skin is crazy dry in the winter. I think this would be a nice product to use in the winter for me! I also like the fact that it is a lighter coverage. This makes it perfect for school!


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mindy, I am the same during summer and winter! This is definitely something I am looking forward to using in the Winter. It's pretty sheer and the hydration is really great! I agree and totally did not mention in my review but this would be great for school! Thanks for visiting <3

      Delete
  11. I haven't heard of this BB cream before! You skin looks so good without any coverage- although I definitely understand what you mean about some redness here and there, because it happens to me too :( It's a shame that it doesn't control oil and has a slight grey cast to the finish though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen, I'm not sure how new the Mizon brand is, but it is definitely new to me and I have seen it spring up on a few different Korean or Asian cosmetic websites and their packaging really sucked me in! So I decided to give this a go. I agree it was a major bummer to off one star because of the grey cast and oil control, however I think it will be absolutely perfect for me in the winter. Thanks for checking this post out! <3

      Delete
  12. Thanx for this review. This product sounds like it would not fit my skin due to the humid weather here. I've been reading lots about BB cream and CC cream and wonder what should my next buy be. I need one which really controls oil as I'm wearing glasses quite often after my cornea infection and if I apply make up, my glasses tend to slip down more easily.

    Just in case I do not check back during my hectic work week, you could drop me a note on my blog and we would definitely connect back from there. =) Enjoy the last of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad the review was helpful! This is definitely a winter product for myself. I wear glasses often and switch between them and contacts from time to time. So I totally know what you mean about your glasses slipping around on your makeup on your nose. I use a really good blotting powder to keep the oil slick at bay, but there are a few oil-controlling BB's out there that you should check out! I really like the Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream for the summer along with a trustworthy blotting or oil-controlling powder and I am set for the day, even with glasses! Thanks again for stopping by Jo! <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the detailed reply. I heard so much raves about Skin 79 in hot pink and I've yet to try it. I was initially put off by the bottle when it first came out coz I find that it would cause lots of wastage. I think they have the tube version now right? I saw it in Bangkok some 1 year plus back.

      Delete
    3. Hi Jo! They should have a tube version of Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream now, I've seen them online, however I do think that the amount of product you get is less than the original pump packaging. Good thing is the pump lasts me like 6+ months!!! So I can only imagine how long the tube will last! <3 Hope this helps a bit.

      Delete
  13. This looks like it evens out your skin tone really well!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did! I loved that it not only is very hydrating, evened out my redness and some hyper pigmentation, but it's super lightweight and I love feeling like I have no makeup on! It was definitely a good purchase! Thanks for visiting Shannon! <3

      Delete
  14. Whoa, that's a pretty extensive pros list! Looks like it sure does a lot. And I love that headband. It looks super cute on you!

    xx.
    fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! lol Aside from the sub par oil-control of this BB, it's a great product and it will most likely be a great BB for this winter. And thank you, I felt a little goofy walking around with huge bunny ears on my head haha! Hopefully you can check out the DIY I linked, the headbands are super easy to make! ^__^ Thanks for your comments. <3

      Delete
  15. thank you for sharing, but too bad i don't really like the grey cast
    anyway, i follow you now :3

    xo,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah there's a slightly noticeable gray cast, but it's not any more than the other BB creams I tried (Skin79). Thank you so much for visiting and following <3

      Delete
  16. Hola bombón¡¡
    Que post tan bonito¡¡me encanta tu blog¡¡¡
    Te gustaria que nos siguieramos?Te invito a pasar por mi blog DOLCE VIRGINIA
    espero que te guste tanto como a mi el tuyo y te animes a seguirme asi estaremos en contacto y yo tambien estare de vuelta.
    FELIZ LUNES¡¡

    http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^__^ <3 Err.. Gracias!

      Delete
  17. omg great review! I can see how much effort you put into it! I think this BB cream seems to be really nice! But if you just want to even out your skin tone I would recommend you a CC cream since they're made for it and they feel a lot more lightweighter than BB creams! You should definitely try one :) I think the natural blush you have is super cute! I love the hairband and your selcas! you look so adorable on them, Anna~! ^-^* <3

    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <333 I have not tried a CC cream yet! I have been reading about them and looking up reviews, so I may be picking one up in the future! Thank you so much for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  18. Thanks for your informative review:) I really love how it looks on you! I just can't get enough of the dewy-finish look. I think I might have to try this one out soon.

    P.S Please do drop by my blog at www.19and.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad the review was informative! I love dewy finishes too, but I have to be careful because I can end up looking really greasy! I hope you test this out, it's a great BB! ^__^

      Delete
  19. I've never seen this before, but it sounds great! Thanks for a great review!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you so much for visiting! <3 I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. It's great! Definitely worth a try! If you can ever get a sample of this I highly recommend it! <3 Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. wow it looks amazing! :D

    please check out my blog too!
    beautyetiquettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...