Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Manicure Monday: Essie Mint Candy Apple and OPI For Sephora Only Gold For Me

  Hi everyone!  I'm back with another Manicure Monday and this week's mani is a kind of a last summer "hoorah" to ease into the fall season.  I don't know about you, but I love creme and pastel colors with flecks of gold, silver and copper.  For this manicure I decided to invert my usual glitter tips and started the glitter from the cuticle.

[The Hello Kitty is a gift from my hubby from when we first started dating. ^__^]



  For this manicure, I used my usual base of OPI Nail Envy nail strengthener to protect my natural nails from being stained.  As the base color, I used 2 coats for the opacity you see here of Essie's Mint Candy Apple and used OPI for Sephora's Only Gold For Me to top the nails off at the base of the nail.



  I've always really loved turquoise and gold or mint and gold together, I think it looks really fun and it's super sparkly and catches the sunlight really nicely.  You could probably do this same look with silver polish too!  I love pastels and gold glitters.


I really love both of these polishes!!  They're formulas are great and they're quite long lasting.  Essie's Mint Candy Apple is also a very nice mint color!  It's a true pastel mint and I'm loving it!  During application, it was a bit goopy and got a bit streaky, but after the second coat it evened out.  OPI for Sephora's Only Gold For Me is a topper or top coat, but I love using it as part of nail art and for glitter nails.  It's lovely over any creme or pastel color and looks especially good over pastel peach shades too!  This is a fun top coat and super sparkly, great for all occasions.


  I'm really enjoying this manicure, it's so great for summer or spring, and I'm kind of sad because after this mani I'm going to be transitioning into fall nails!  Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally looking forward to the more solid, bold and darker hues for the fall!  Pumpkin, hot cocoa, warm pies and comfort food here we come!  Thanks again for reading!  I hope you enjoyed this weeks Monday Manicure! ♥ (^.~ )v

What trends (nail, fashion etc) are you looking forward to this fall?  Let me know in the comments!

25 comments:

  1. Loove this mani, Anna! *u* The colours go so well together, I'd personally wear a mani like this any time of the year, hohoh~
    The hello kitty doll is super cute as well, so sweet! *u*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June :3 Glad you like! ^__^ As always thanks for your kind comments and reading! ♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!! ^__^ I'm glad you liked it! <3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful manicure! I adore the colour, especially with the gold glitters! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I'm glad to hear you liked it! It's super easy and you can do this same manicure with different colors! Thanks again for reading! ♥

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous combination! The mint has a fresh feel and the gold glitter adds a fun yet elegant vibe.
    The little HK doll is so cute! My hubby liked to buy me dolls when we started dating as well ;)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rowena! I love mint! It's such a fun color and I agree, very fresh! And yay for hubbies who support HK obsessions! haha <3 Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I would call this the Tiffany colour. Well not the exact shade but quite close. We don't have Essie here. Probably only in specialty shops. I always see overseas bloggers trying so many lovely pastel shades from Essie with smooth application.

    I've replied your comment so remember to check back the post(s) where you left yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this does look kind of like the Tiffany color, however I think it might be the lighting and my coats may have been a little too thick for my liking. If you look at swatches from other people with the same polish, it's much more "minty" and I believe this color looks more true to the mint shade in person as well. Aw, maybe Essie will cross over seas someday! They are pretty decent polishes, affordable and have nice pastel shades, however my only complaint would be the formula. I'm not sure if it is just me, but I seem to have the most "goopy" issues with Essie as opposed to my other polishes. The formula just seems a bit thicker and it can get sticky sometimes. I'm going to have to try leaving the polish in the refrigerator for a short while before application to see if that helps with the gloopy consistency.

      Delete
  6. I have Essie MCA and I love it! Super nice mint color. I actually think the gold complements it really well.
    Love your nails, too darling! Perfect shape!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharina! ^___^ It took me a long time to find a shape that I liked best for my nails and hands. I actually used to keep them much shorter, like almost to the bone, I had a bit of a nail biting problem lol. ^__^ Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. anna i really like your taste in nail polish colors :) they look really pretty together! wish it was easier to buy opi and essie nail polishes here. PS. love the hello kitty doll <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you Shayne! ^__^ <3 That's a bummer that you can't get OPI or Essie, but I'm sure the available brands have similar colors that you could use instead! ^__^b Maybe I'll try to find dupes for people and link those to the colors I've been using! :D

      Delete
  8. I also love turquoise/mint/tiffany blue with browns and golds as well! They really compliment eachother.

    I just found your blog. You seem like such a sweet and genuine person, and I can't wait to see more posts from you!
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maya Lynn! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! You just made my day. Thank you so much for reading ♥ I am definitely doing my best to keep up with posts, so forgive me if I fall of the radar occasionally ^^;

      Delete
  9. That's a very pretty shade! I love anything blue, especially turquoise/teal. Essie has some of the best colors I've seen :)

    http://paolaysabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paola! I agree, Essie has a great selection! However, I'm actually not the biggest fan of their formula, personally I find it a bit sticky/thick. I actually prefer China Glaze's formula, but I will admit that Essie has the best pastel/creme' color selection around. ^^b Thanks for reading, it's much appreciated! ♥

      Delete
  10. I love Hello Kitty! Your mani is sooo cute Ms. Anna! Followed via bloglovin! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! <3 I'm so very glad you enjoyed the post! And thanks for the follow! ^___^

      Delete
  11. I love how you used your hello kitty doll
    to show the manicure(: so cute!!ahah
    I really like the turquoise and gold together(:
    They're like a combination I didn't know existed
    but now that I know, I kinda want to go out
    and just buy turquoise and gold stuff ahah
    So nicely done(: Love your nails, as always^_-

    And looking forward to your fall nails(:
    For fall, I really love the transition of the leaves.
    The gradient of the colors are amazing, so nice and warm^_^
    Thank you for sharing Anna!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you Dianna! ^___^ I'm looking forward to fall nails too, love those darker and deeper shades for the cold season. It's a bit vampy, and I love it! Will definitely continue sharing my manis. I recently discovered mint/turquoise and gold combo as well! It's super adorable and I've seen bags and such with the same color combo! ^__^ Thanks so much for reading! I'm glad you liked my post! ♥

      Delete
  12. such a pretty mani :) The gold flecks compliment the colour so well ! love it!


    xoxo, Charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I have been using gold flecks with pretty much everything with the last few manis I've had! (Though I haven't posted all of them :/) Glad you enjoyed the post! ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...