Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

[Manicure Monday] Halloween Edition and Aki Con

Hi everyone!  It's been a while since I did a Manicure Monday!  This week, in celebration of Halloween I went with an appropriate theme with black, orange, gold, glitter, cats and spider webs!  It was fairly simple, but definitely time consuming.  I'm fairly satisfied with how it came out! ^__^  I hope you enjoy it too!


I took inspiration from a few different Youtube videos as well as nail art on Pinterest.  The only thing I wish I did differently was the spider webs, I wish they were a bit thinner. ^^;


My favorite part of this manicure was the kitty!  It was surprisingly easy to do all of the nail art you see here.  This picture and the first one is my left hand.  (I'm a righty!)



These two pictures are of my right hand.  It was really hard doing the webs with my left hand, I started over on one or two nails before I got the hang of coordinating my left hand.  I kept it simple, and would have liked to add more Halloween elements like pumpkins and ghosts or something, but didn't really have the time, so maybe next time!

What did I use for this manicure?

I used a dotting tool and a nail art brush for the spider webs and kitty.
I used a makeup sponge with a white and orange polish for the orange gradient behind the kitty.
I also used white acrylic paint by Americana to do the webs.

Nail polishes featured:

Black base - Essie Licorice
White base for kitty - Essie Blanc
Spider webs - Americana acrylic paint in White
Fine glitter - China Glaze Fairy Dust
Gold glitter on accent nail - OPI for Sephora Only Gold For Me
Base coat - OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Top coat - Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat

I was mainly inspired to do a Halloween themed manicure after watching elleandish's Youtube video.


I don't have any holiday konad stamping plates, so I decided to do my manicure freehand.  Her video is super cute, and I think I'll have to get me some holiday plates for fast and easy mani's in the future.  I then spent the rest of the evening looking up different Halloween nail art videos and decided to go with the spider web as my main design. ^__^b

I really wanted to do something Halloween themed and decided to give this a go, also because the hubby and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary by going to our local Aki Con anime and video game convention this coming Saturday!  *U* I'm super excited, we have not been to an anime/video game convention before and are looking forward to the new experience!  We've been to plenty of Comic Cons for the past few years and wanted to give Aki Con a go. ^__^b  I'll be sure to do a full post, hopefully loaded with pictures of cosplayers and fun stuff!

Are you guys doing anything fun for Halloween?  Are you doing a Halloween themed manicure?  Let me know in the comments! ♥

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eugenia! ^__^ Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  2. ah i miss your mani mondays! :) the cute little kitty is also my fave, i can imagine how hard it must be to paint the webs with your left hand. if it was me i would prolly give up on it after having to redo it over and over again lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had to start over twice on two fingers so, it wasn't so bad! Glad you liked this one Shayne! Thanks for reading! ♥

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know right!? XD Thanks for reading! ♥ (I think the kitty is the best thing about this mani lol)!

      Delete
  4. Awesome Halloween design!

    x karen
    www.thechicndamned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^__^ ♥

      Delete
  5. I love the black cat nail with glitter!! Not doing any Halloween stuff, but happy 5 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cool! reminds me of japanese nail art :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Perfect for Halloween! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and perfect for Halloween! I love the kitty finger too!! I can't believe it was the easiest!!
    I personally don't think I have any plans for halloween . I might hand out candy though!! ohh how I wish I can go trick or treating (but i'm almost 18... lol!)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you! I was quite surprised about the kitty as well, glad you liked it! <3 ^.^ I don't really have plans for Halloween either. I'm not much of a party girl and we live in a neighborhood with really long driveways that may not be ideal for trick or treaters. And confession time - I have never dress up for Halloween, nor have I ever gone trick or treating! >__>;; I wish I could go too! T^T

      Delete
  9. Aww the kitty looks so cute!!>_< I'm a righty too but there's no way my right hand would look that goodlol
    I just read your reply to the last comment and I can't believe you've never gone trick-or-treating!!
    Confession time - I just came home from trick-or-treating about an hour ago ahah
    I may be too old for it but people tell me I look 12 or 15 so I think it still works right??Last year my brother
    who's 2 years younger didn't go trick-or-treating but he walked me to each house like he was my dad ahah
    Anyways, Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have fun at the convention!!^_^
    Thank you for sharing your awesome nail painting skills with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna! Thanks so much! I was thinking of re-doing my nails with all kitties and maybe pumpkins, but I didn't have the time with Finals week, starting new classes and work haha! If you can pull off looking young enough for trick or treating, I say go for it! XD I don't have enough friends that look young enough to go out with me haha! Unless we all wore masks of course. My parents didn't celebrate many Western holidays so, they never took me trick or treating and never got me dressed up or anything. I did however, go to work as a kitty today! ^__^b Glad you enjoyed the nail art! I hope to do more soon!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...