Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, October 20, 2013

[TAG] Procrastinating Beauty Blogger!

Hi again everyone!  Was able to catch up on homework for the week and got everything turned in!  *Phew!*  Now, next week will be a bit of a doosie since it's finals week and the last week of my programming and Photoshop classes.  My programming class has really kicked my bum and I'm passing, however I was aiming for an A (so my GPA stays at a nice level).  Amazing what paying for school drives you to do huh?  (Back in high school I did really well, but I didn't try harder because it was too easy at the time.)  Now that I'm challenged, it feels more rewarding to know I actually earned an A.  Anywho, onto the tag!

Jen at frmheadtotoe shared this tag and I thought it would be really fun to fill in my own answers! ^__^  Also, I think tags are fun posts to do and read!  Be sure you guys do it too and leave your link in the comments! (^.~)v  Let's get to it!

[Found this image on Pinterest]

I'm an aspiring beauty blogger, but it's mostly a hobby ^__^  It helps me relax and it makes me happy.  As a beauty blogger, I really want a vanity!  I feel like vanities are things that make a woman or girl feel really feminine!  I just wanted to share a random beauty related picture, so I guess I felt the need to provide a quick blurb about it haha! ^.^;;

1. Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do? 

This picture was from one of my small hauls.

It's a really funny story.  I really like make up and beauty/cosmetic related things... but I believe I only ever wear makeup oh... max two times a week!  So, I'm not sure if this counts, but I rarely actually wear makeup at all during the week haha!  Because of time constraints (I never give myself enough time to get ready in the morning before work) and lack of sleep and um... because I really love to sleep; I get up as late as possible before I have to go to work... and I suppose you could say that I just roll out of bed and on into work.  (I know, totally unprofessional, but I don't have a job where I have to work with people face to face or work in a formal work environment.)  Don't judge me!! T^T

So if that answer didn't count, I have never used or worn an actual foundation.  I've only ever used BB creams and don't really plan to switch over.  I don't really see a need to because I don't need much coverage and BB's work great for me. ^.^;  OH!  I have never contoured my face before during a typical makeup routine.  I don't have a bronzer or contouring powder and have never found the need to.  I've thought about picking one up and contouring just to see what it looks like, but eh!

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something that you do regularly?

This photo was from my review of Bubbi's Brushes!

Urm... since I do not do my makeup often enough.. I guess my answer to this question would be no, more so than it would be yes.  (I know!!! Shame on me!! OTL)  I know how bad it is for your skin (especially my skin because I'm sensitive and breakout prone) but not only am I lazy, but I forget that I should probably wash them every week even though I don't use them often.  However!!!  *saving face* I do try to wash them really well or do a deep clean at least once a month.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

You can find a post about this manicure here

If there's one thing that I am totally not lazy about it's my nails.  My only real dilemma with nails is finding the time to spruce them up!  With my full-time work and school schedule (granted school is only online) most of my free time after work is taken up by classes and doing homework, school projects and school related reading.  However, I usually do my nails once a week or once every two weeks.  I'm a bit "polish ADD" and change my nails or manicure often so my nails don't get too bad unless I have been really super busy!  Doing my nails is one of my favorite things to do, so it's easy for me to keep up with them.  But if you must know, I have gone a long time without doing my nails before, so long that all my polish has chipped off half-way down my nails! *shudder*  I don't like when they look that bad, so usually once my nails start to chip, if I don't have time to do a new mani, I just remove the polish and sport a bare nail for a while until I find the time. ^__^b

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?


Well, honestly I don't really need any of the makeup/cosmetic or beauty related items I have/own.  I mean, I go bare-faced usually 90% of the time anyway.  So, I can go a very long time without buying or replacing an item.  I have never hit-pan on anything (eye shadow, blushers, powder), but I have used up tubes of mascara and lip gloss and things of the like before.  With that being said, I go as long without replacing or repurchasing an item as long as I can.  I'm on a very tight budget because I am the only one working between me and the hubby.  (He hurt his back about a year ago and hasn't been able to find part-time work, so he's been focusing on school. ^^b)  I only ever purchase items that I use regularly like the mascara pictured above (You can find my review here.) and things like eyeliner, lip gloss and skin care products.  I also have made it a habit to purchase things that I want when they are on sale or when I have a coupon.  This strategy helps me keep my spending in check, and I am also naturally a very frugal person haha!  ^.^;;  Ask anyone who knows me personally, and they'll tell you, I'm very responsible with money, especially when I need to be.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?

This picture is from my experiment with the anti-acne honey and cinnamon mask I tried.  I don't break out often, but when I do, it's sucks and it's the kind of breakouts that are painful. T^T

Hmm.. I feel like, sadly there's a few habits I should probably not have!  My number one worst habit?  Probably picking at my breakouts.  I already know how bad it is to pick or squeeze and scratch, but sometimes I just forget and do it unconsciously and other times, I just can't help it! XD Lol.  Especially with the acne I have on my shoulders/back... it just get's so darn itchy! T___T  My breakouts are also a tad bit abnormal, I get really bad cystic breakouts that hurt and are extremely painful to the touch sometimes. (The kind of breakouts that are underneath the skin).  And this may be TMI or totally gross, but sometimes they need to be... purged? ..Anyway, moving on!! >__>

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?  

Cleaning my room.  I am notorious for getting mail, or any paper items and leaving them on the floor of my bedroom (of all places!) thinking that I'll pick them up and put them away or toss them later... and then I don't.  They sit on the floor for weeks... and accumulate!  It's horrible! T^T  I have a problem! haha!

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?

I usually give myself a lot of time, so I don't have to rush and I can take my time while getting ready.  Especially during special events like weddings, parties and so on.  If I'm just going out to dinner or lunch really quick with the hubby or family, or running to the store, I can be ready in like 10-20 minutes.  However, if we're in a big hurry I usually just skip makeup and hair.  This is when you'll usually see me sporting my glasses. ^__^;

8. Can you commit to spending bans?

Sort of like the previous question that was similar to this one, yes I can commit to a spending ban.  Considering a spending ban sounds very self-explanatory, I've never been on an official spending ban before, but I think I do this pretty much all the time.  I am very particular about how money is spent and I'm responsible with knowing that there are other more important things to spend money on.  Bills and things of that nature always come first.  Once I have all of my bills paid off, depending on what the hubby and I have left to use as we please is how I distinguish or justify spending "willy nilly".  Both hubby and I love to eat out, and have pretty expensive hobbies; I have my makeup and he has comics.  If I or he feels we are low in our account, we will take a look at what we've been spending our money on and decide what to cut back.  Eating out is very expensive, especially accumulated over time.  So from time to time, since we are on a budget and we are a one income family, we've "banned" eating out or buying things that aren't necessary for months at a time.  It's not very difficult, but it can take some getting used to if you are used to buying things when you want them on the spot.  What I have been doing for a long time is, if I want something that is not necessary, I usually will save up for it.  I feel like doing this not only helps me keep track of money and save a little, but helps me to appreciate the item or product once I've finally purchased it. ^__^

9. How organized are your makeup and nail collections?

I'd say they are generally organized.  They're by no means organized by color or anything of detail like that.  I simply have a drawer for all of my nail polish and I've resorted to organizing my makeup where it fits.  My hubby and I do not currently have our own place and we live with my in-laws, so you can imagine trying to cram all of our belongings and things in our bedroom.  The fact that we don't have much of our own space has also helped me save money, because I don't buy things since there's no where to put anything.  All of my makeup fits on top of my dresser and the items that I do not reach for or use on a daily basis are stashed in my makeup train case.

Well, that was it for the tag!  *Phew!*  I apologize if this was way to long and drawn out, but I'm notorious for over explaining things. ^^; 

Hope you enjoyed this tag, it was a lot of fun! I hope you decide to take part in this tag also, I'd love to read your answers so make sure you comment and leave a link to your post! ^__^  Let me know if you guys are procrastinators too!

8 comments:

  1. Love your responses to this! Totally in love with the nails that you did above! Great job doing them :)

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mizu! ^__^ That mani was probably one of my favorites! <3

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of you being able to commit to shopping bans! I try my best too, but I always have to get something! The only time I can make myself stop buying stuff is when I am saving up for something I really want. I am pretty motivated when I have a goal!
    Your nails are super pretty!! I have the worst habit of letting my polish chip off compltetly. I will put polish on my nails and leave it there for 2-3 weeks until it is all gone and then I apply a new color. It's not the best thing to do, but I just don't have time to paint them!

    For the makeup brush, I always have to clean mine because if I don't, my skin will pay for it in a week. It really sucks . That last photo of you is really funny and cute. =)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I'm the same way with goals. If I find something I really, really want and don't have the money for it, I save up until I can buy it :) I'm actually quite bad about peeling my polishes too. If it's starts chipped, I pick it at! >.>; Haha, glad you liked my last photo!

      Delete
  3. I was so nice to learn more about you! I should be more diligent with my nails, but I'm really too lazy, haha :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! ^__^ I can get pretty lazy with my nails, but I love painting them so that's probably why I'm so good about keeping up with them. I also try to set aside "nail time" haha

      Delete
  4. This tag was an enjoyable read! Haha it's funny that you take care of your nails but don't wear makeup too often, I'm the complete opposite! I always have chipped nails and I'm too lazy to remove the nail polish, it's just so tedious :( I always put off cleaning my room and my desk too, they are always such a mess :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun tag to do! ^__^ I know it's weird, I'm so particular about my nails, but not at all about makeup so much! XD I do need to work on my room cleaning skills though :/ I hear you about the desk. My desk is FILLED with papers...

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...