Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What's the haps and Skin crisis!

Hey all, it's been a very long time since I last posted anything beauty related.  It's partly because I've been busy moving into a new home with the in-laws and getting situated as well as working overtime and trying to keep up with school all at once.  On top of that, I haven't felt the need to post "beauty" related things because I haven't been feeling very beautiful lately!  Winter time is actually one of my favorite seasons (with Summer being my most favorite) but the weather is just so cruel to my skin!  I have been overwhelmingly dry and flaky to the point where the area around my neck was stinging if I turned my head to far!

I decided I would do a post on my skin dilemma as I figured maybe some of you have some suggestions or are maybe going through the same thing.  So if it's not one thing, it's another, or it's everything!  My skin went from painfully dry, to mega breakout city and dry!  I've gotten to the point where I have been drying out my skin on purpose to dry up my acne and painful breakouts because they're so painful.  You must be wondering why I haven't gone to Dr. Dermatologist yet.  It's because I know they will put me on Accutane and I really don't want to take that, I've read that it has wonderful results, but also really icky side effects I prefer not to experience.  When I was going to the Derm.  I was put on an antibiotic of sorts (can't remember the name of it) but I was not allowed to have any dairy 2 hours before or after taking the medication.  It also effects your birth control effectiveness as well if you are on it.  It also made me a bit sick to my stomach and I was using topical face washes as well as Differin gel 0.3.  It worked just fine for a while but it really dried my skin out terribly and the fact that my stomach was always upset was not something I wanted to endure for beautiful skin.

I decided to try my best to change up my diet, drink more water and get into more natural or organic beauty products (this was a few years ago).  But really, for me no luck yet.  I suffer from severe and painful breakouts (cystic) on occasion, but I usually have a calm spell than it's terrible for long periods of time.  I will warn you, the pictures I'm sharing are obviously not glamour shots and I apologize for my sad/grumpy face haha.  Didn't do that on purpose just kind of happened.  These pictures are not of my worst breakouts but these are one of my more painful ones.  Any suggestions on how to help would be greatly appreciated!  I haven't worn makeup for a few months now, probably since the last time I blogged.  I just have been trying to purge my skin and not add more stuff on top of it.  So I've been bare skinned for months!  I even purchased more products to review, but I can't because my skin is making it difficult haha.  Is anyone else experiencing issues?  How are you coping?  Let me know in the comments!



The giant red mountain near the corner of my nose is a cystic pimple, the kind that's a bit deeper under the skin.  It made it's way to the top where it sits; sore, swollen, angry red, irritated and SUPER painful. >__<


Dry, dry, dry!! :(


No Bueno!

On an actual beauty side note, wearing the below polish.  It's a gorgeous metallic by Deborah Lippmann in Glamorous Life.  I have been a bit obsessed with Rose gold lately and I spotted this on Pinterest, where it was described as a rose gold metallic polish.  In these pictures, it looks more beige or gold, but it does have hints of "rose" in it.  Even though it's not quite the "rose gold" I thought it was going to be, it's still a really gorgeous shade.  This was a bit of a splurge, around $18 at Nordstrom.  I apologize for the lighting in the pics below, they don't do this polish justice (trust me it does have a bit more of a rosy hue, than what is shown in the picture which is not rose at all (-___- ); )




I didn't get any pics of me wearing this as the lighting was just too off and way to difficult to work with (yellow!!! >__<)  And there hasn't been any sun lately. I hope once my face heals up or the acne calms down that I can review a new BB cream I picked up that feels really nice and review and swatch the Naked 3 palette for you!  I hope all of you are well and appreciate your patience with me and the blog! ^__^  If I don't post before Christmas, I hope all of you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

PS!  I know the pictures and my acne are probably not that bad compared to others, but this is one of my lesser "severe" breakouts.  I use the word severe because my cystic acne is incredibly painful and that's severe to me.  This is not as bad as I have had before, but I'm not trying to trump that my acne is worse than anyone else's.  Just sayin'. =P

12 comments:

  1. Omg - story of my life, Anna! Winter gets me all happy, but my skin... not so much. I'm also having dry flaky skin these days, and breaking out! It had gotten so bad that I completely dropped off on makeup. I don't think I've worn makeup for a good month or so now... hm. Maybe a month and a half? Difficult to beauty blog when you don't wear makeup, I totally understand. ;o;
    (I'm also not too big of a fan on Accutane. Apparently it can cause depression? o.o It's gotta be really strong if it messes with your mind/hormones like that...)

    Omg, I was also on Differin 0.3! I got a tube last year, and have been using it up until 3ish months ago. It dries out my face like the desert. (The first few weeks of it were absolute hell. Didn't listen to the instructions and put wayyy too much on... my skin burned off.) It works decently, but after that... meh. Not worth it.

    My skin's been clearing up lately with healthy diet and changing of skin routine. I guess skin can get used to the everyday products, so switching things up here and there won't be too big of a harm. Have you tried Dr. Jart's Ctrl-A toner/moisturizer line? I've been using it for 2-ish months, and I think it's helped with the acne.
    The sticker/patch spot treatments also help - esp. for cystic acne. A lot of brands sell the patches, but The Face Shop has a tea tree one in their "Clean Face" line. I was skeptical about them, but I really think they make a huge difference in cystic acne healing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juuuuuuuune! Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it! Differin 0.3 worked really well for me and at first I used it all over my face, but then eventually stuck to using it as a "spot" treatment and only one breakout spots. And yes, it creates a desert on your face! >__<;;; And I totally agree with you on the comment you made about Accutane, it sounds awful and even if the results are good, I don't want the side effects. =/ I know one of my biggest problems is probably changing my diet (I'm a giant piglet and love food, especially food that's not so good for you). I definitely need to start my exercise again too. -___-;

      Thank you so much for the suggestion, I just recently bought a BB cream from The Face Shop and really liked it, I have yet to try out their skin products. I'll definitely check out their Clean Face line (anything that might help the cystic acne is a must try for me) I haven't tried any Dr. Jart products yet either. Thanks so much for your recommendations, I'll let you know if something works out :D PS good to hear from you as well <3

      Delete
  2. I think the winter is the most harm harsh on our skin): My skin is currently okay, aside from the cystic pimple that is resting on my chin, which hurts like crazy. Other than that, the rest of my face is okay. However, my face always gets increasingly dry around this time and 2 years ago my face went through this crazy transformation where my entire face was covered in painful cystic acne. It was such a bad time for skin, it was even painful to wash my face. I went to the dermatologist and they also put me on differin 0.3. My experience was somewhat like yours in that it was very drying. I tried it for a while but I had no real result so my doctor prescribed me a generic of benzaclin.

    It has worked very well for me but my warning would be that it is in fact very drying, for at least the first few days or week since it's a peeling agent. It can also create some redness. After, I think your skin gets used to the medication. I don't know if you would be comfortable with these side effects but I just want to say that it has worked for me and I still use it today. You don't have to use it on your whole face, just apply it on the areas that need to be treated. Also, you can only get it by prescription so that may be a drawback as well.

    Anyways, I hope this has helped somewhat and I hope your skin gets better!!Much luck to you^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dianna! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post. I appreciate your suggestion and tip! I'll have to look into the generic benzaclin. I've been using Differin 0.3% for a few years now, and maybe my skin has gotten used to it and built up an immunity. I have been sort of trying my hand at natural remedies lately. I think I'll start with using Witch hazel or Tea Tree oil as a toner and see if that helps with the redness and cysts. Mine is quite painful as well :( I go through bouts and this time around I'm losing the fight a bit lol. I'll keep everyone posted on my findings. Again, I really appreciate the time you took to help a girl out. <3

      Delete
  3. hi anna, first of all its so nice to read you posts again :) i really missed reading them! I wish i can give advice on this but unfortunately I've never experienced winter :( but whenever i feel like my skin is drier than usual I apply as much moisturizer as I can and drink lots of water, vitamins also helps. I hope you can find a solution for it :) aaaand I hope you can post pics of the rose gold nail polish, i luv rose gold <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's been a while and I've been MIA with the holidays and Winter Break from school! I have up'd my water intake, doubled up on vitamins (also to avoid getting sick this winter) and my next solution is to begin exercise again. I also am planning on researching changing my diet to combat this bout of cysts! I think my eating habits are finally catching up to me :( Thanks so much for your love and concern! And I need to post a pic of the rose gold polish the next time I have it on! :D

      Delete
  4. It's been quite a while and I'm so glad that you are back. It's always difficult to juggle work, school and family all at once.

    I think it's really courageous of you to post your naked face pictures. Some beauty bloggers are just too obsessed with their appearance to do that for their readers. I hope that your diet and change in activities have helped your skin and would continue to do so. I just realised something upon clicking to your blog. Did you recently follow me on Instagram? Lol... The blog name!!! No wonder I found that name so familiar! I know you always reply to comments. Just in case I don't check back, could you paste your reply on my blog so that I could see them?

    RYC:
    I haven't seen you around in quite a while, Anna. Thank you for visiting back coz (due to my busy-ness and decrease in free time) I tend to only return visits to blogs from blogger friends who comment. Thanx for your comliment! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for your support Jo! <3 I really appreciate you checking back. I did follow you on Instagram! ^__^ Will leave a reply on your blog ^^b

      Delete
  5. Hi! I nominated you for The Liebster Award! :) Here: http://nix-sayo.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much! ^__^ <3333

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing this,,, i'll recommend this to my cousin!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad that this may be useful to some. ^__^ Thanks for the recommendation and for stopping by. <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...