Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Monday, July 21, 2014

[Review]: DERMAdoctor and New Skincare Routine

  Hello again everyone!  I'm back with another post for you!  As promised and long awaited, (I'm so sorry! ;___;)  I will be sharing a review on the DERMAdoctor products I have been using for the last 4-8 months and my new skin care routine!  I'm really excited to share, because this has been the best run I have had with any products or routine in a long time.




  I started using DERMAdoctor sometime in January or February, and I have to say it is a great product to help keep my skin in check.  It doesn't cure or make all of my acne go away forever, but it does a fantastic job of keeping it under control, and keeps my acne from getting too out of control.  I will be sharing some older pictures for reference so you can see what my skin was like a bit before I started using DERMAdoctor and while using it.


  These first two pictures here were taken in December of 2013.  My acne was pretty bad before these pictures were taken, so this is a bit of the aftermath, and was actually better than it was, but in my opinion this was still pretty bad, especially because the giant red mountains that you can see in the first picture, were very, very painful!  Acne is the worst when it makes your face hurt so bad, you can barely smile or blow your nose, or even sneeze. (-___- );



  These two pictures were taken in the beginning of February 2014, while I was using the DERMAdoctor products.  I believe I had only started using the Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser and Acne Serum for about a week or two during this pictures.  You can see I have a lot of black heads, clogged pores, a few blemishes and lots of dry patching going on!  This was after the painful cysts finally went away.  You can also see I have a bit of scarring action going on too.  I saw decent results after using the DERMAdoctor products for a few weeks and I started to notice that it helped keep existing acne in check and dried them out quickly so the redness and irritation dissipated quickly.  It also helped with keeping new blemishes from forming too.


  This picture was taken in May 2014.  I'm sorry I didn't have any better close up photos that are more recent to show a difference.  However, I noticed and can see a difference in my skin in this picture compared to the one taken months before.  I am not wearing any face makeup in this photo, just lip tint and eye makeup.  You can see that around my nose and mouth area, it still has redness and scarring.  This would be about four months of using DERMAdoctor.  Also, I began using the DERMAdoctor products in conjunction with organic, raw honey and baking soda, which I incorporated about two months after I started the DERMAdoctor products.

  So now that you have a visual, let me get into the meat of this post; the review!  So for the past 4-8 months (I'm thinking I started in January) I have been using DERMAdoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser and the Ain't Misbehavin' Medicated Acne Control Serum.  The cleanser, has been effective, but gentle enough for me to use everyday, and for the first one to two months of use, I even used it everyday, twice a day!  It does not dry out my skin like other medicated, or acne cleansers I've used in the past.  One tube lasted me about three or four months, and I'm currently on my second tube of cleanser since I began using it back in the beginning of the year.  It's very effective, has a slight medicinal scent, but nothing so horrible that I can't stand to put on my face.  I use this cleanser every morning by applying it directly to my dry skin.  I work it in for a minute or two by gently massaging all over, in circular motions.  I then leave it on for about another minute or two, to let the ingredients really work into my skin.  I then hop in the shower and rinse off in there.  Pat dry and apply jojoba oil as my base moisturizer and sunscreen on top as usual.  I believe this cleanser is great for giving me that "clean" feeling, but without the dryness or tightness that most medicated, or acne products give you.  This cleanser has done wonders for existing blemishes, and for preventing new ones.  If I begin to see a new cyst or pimple forming, I just make sure I work in the cleanser a little extra longer or massage over the area more and leave the product on for a few minutes longer before rinsing off.  I find that this really helps to keep swelling, redness and irritation down and then after a few days it's gone!

  Regarding the acne control serum, I love this stuff!  I really wish it wasn't so expensive!  My wallet cries in agony every time I go to Sephora to pick this stuff up.  I am currently on my third tube of acne serum since I started the DD products at the beginning of the year, so a tube, if used everyday will last about three months at a time.  At first, I was using one pump, all over my face, twice a day, everyday.  This really helped target my existing giant, red, painful mountains and got them to clear up after about a month.  After that, I lowered the use of the serum to one pump, once a day and only at night, all over my face.  Then after another month or a few more weeks, I started only using the serum to target blemishes or possible blemishes instead of all over my face, every night.  I will switch up the amount I use, based on how my skin is reacting at the time, but I still will only use it once a day, at night, everyday.  So the serum itself is fairly effective, it doesn't cause tightness and doesn't dry me out too bad.  It will dry out the pimple itself, so sometimes that can get a little flaky, but nothing too serious or a little moisturizer couldn't fix.  Also, the pump for this product is very well made, I had no trouble controlling the amount I used.  So I could use one full pump for my entire face, or pump just barely enough to cover target areas.  When I was using the serum twice a day, I noticed that it did help with excess oil, and I did not get as greasy as I normally do throughout the day.

  Overall the DERMAdoctor Ain't Misbehavin' cleanser and acne serum work in conjunction together splendidly, and has been the best and most effective acne products I've used to date, even compared to the awful Dermatologist prescribed acne cleansers I was using before.  I would highly recommend just trying these products out at least once for acne prone skin.  I'm really glad I decided to use it, however my wallet, not so happy.  For this very reason, I had done a bit of research and decided to incorporate a bit of natural remedy into my skin routine to offset all of the acne fighting things!  Also, I was hoping to sort of ween myself off of the DERMAdoctor products to where my skin didn't need the acne fighting medicine anymore and I could rely on the natural/home products I had laying around the house.

  Onward to my new skincare routine!  As I stated previously, I have started using honey to wash my face nightly, every night for the last four to six months or so.  It is working beautifully!  I have also resorted to using baking soda as my exfoliator.  Both of these items are very affordable, especially compared to products like DERMAdoctor.  I have been using raw honey to wash my face every night before bed, in conjunction with the DD Ain't Misbehavin' Acne Control Serum as a blemish target product.  Then at least 2-3 times a week, I will use baking soda to exfoliate, and then wash my face with honey and apply the acne control serum as usual.  I was Googling natural home remedies and ingredients for skin one night and came across this amazingly informative website, and decided from there that I'd use honey as my facial cleanser.  If you're interested, please check out Crunchy Betty.  Also, check out the Honey Guide for more information on the kinds of honey you will want to use, should you decide to try this out.  I am using local, raw, honey.  It is not heated over 100 degrees F and I believe it is organic. (The key is no heat or low heat for honey is best!).  Honey alone, has helped with lightening any acne scarring and definitely helps with any redness.  It has also promoted smoother, softer and bouncier skin!  I do not think I'll stop using honey to wash my face anytime soon.  With the baking soda, I simply wet my face, sprinkle some baking soda in my hand, add a couple drops of water from the facet (enough to make it kind of pasty but not runny) and then I apply it to my face in gentle, circular motions for a few minutes, really working on the areas that I get the most blackheads or clogged pores; my nose, mouth and forehead areas.  This has really made my skin super smooth, and definitely effective against my blackheads and clearing my pores!  If there's any skin care routine to suggest, I highly recommend this one!  It's effective, gentle, all natural and leaves your skin feeling great!  Another thing to remember, I skipped facial makeup for almost the whole 8 months of using these products or beginning the regimen.  I just couldn't wear any BB creams or foundation; everything looked patchy, dry or just not good at all, so, I let my skin breath the whole time and I found that it really worked for me.  I wore facial makeup for the first time in June.  You can see my Instagram picture here, and you can see how smoothly my makeup was applied, it was a dream!  I was using Holika Holika's Petit Aqua Jelly BB Cream, and I only used a tiny bit for a very light layer on my whole face.  I still limit my facial makeup application just because I think it's important for my skin to breath as much as possible since it's so sensitive...and I'm lazy haha, I don't have time in the morning before work! XD

  So here's a recap:  I use DERMAdoctor Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser in the morning everyday, and moisturize with organic jojoba oil as a base and Eucerin Sensitive Skin Everyday Face Lotion with sunscreen SPF 30 on top.  For night time, I use honey to wash my face and DERMAdoctor Ain't Misbehavin' Acne Control Serum on target areas. I then use Acure Seriously Firming Facial Serum and Acure Eye Cream Chlorella + Edelweiss Stem Cell.  (I'll probably do a review on Acure, let me know if you're interested!  I've been using these products for a year or so!)  And 2-3 times a week, at night, I will first exfoliate with baking soda, and then use the honey routine as usual.  

  And that's a wrap!  I hope my review and overview of my skin routine was informative and gave you some ideas for things you can try, if you have sensitive, acne prone skin!  I have been using these products and this routine for most of the year and I couldn't be happier with my skin!  I will say, that while I love these products, they are not a miracle cure.  I still get cystic acne from time to time, just not as bad, and I still get breakouts during my lady times of the month.  However, with that being said, I'd still recommend these products and the routine if you want to keep your acne under control and try to prevent new breakouts from occurring.  

  Have you tried any of these products?  Are you curious about honey as your facial cleanser?!  Do you have holy grail skin care products or routines?  Please share in the comments below!  I'd love to hear what you guys use or what you think!  Until next time!  Thank you again for reading! (^.~ )v

8 comments:

  1. I love Clean and clear / neutrogena products for acne. I am eager to try this brand. Nice post dear :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Neutrogena for drug store products! But it never did anything for my acne! ;___; I'm glad that my post interested you! If you try anything out I hope it works for you too! Thanks again for visiting! ♥

      Delete
  2. Yay for finding products that effectively treat your acne. One good thing about getting older is that the acne does go away. Have you ever tried the honey aspirin mask where you dissolve 8 aspirin with a tsp of lemon juice and tbs of honey. It's really effective for acne. I use it as a treatment on the occasional spots and find it works well.

    I was a little worried that getting a cupcake out of a machine might mean they're not fresh but when i heard about how it's continuously restocked I felt better. You should definitely give Sprinkles cupcakes a try if you ever come across one. They're just yummy :) And Pinterest can be way too addictive ;p

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I use to use the honey aspirin mask without the lemon back in the day (I first found out about it via Michelle Phan), but I haven't tried it again for a few years. What a brilliant idea to use it as a spot treatment though, I may try this next, with the lemon incorporated! Sounds like it's a good idea especially for the cystic spots that I get from time to time. Thanks for the tip Rowena! ^_^

      I sure will try one of those cupcakes, if I am ever so lucky to come across one! And I can spend hours on Pinterest, all day even lol!

      Delete
  3. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana! Thank you so much for reading and for your kind and sweet comments! ^_^ I really appreciate it! I will definitely check out your blog! ♥!

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna! Great review!!! Very comprehensive!!! =) Good your skin is reacting well to these products. Also, honey!!! That's great for skin so it's good you're achieving great results. Honestly, your skin is not bad at all. I think we have all gone through a stage like that! -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for reading! ^__^ I really love honey, I'm hoping to ween myself off all other abrasive products and rely only on the honey and baking soda. It's really helped fade the scars and hyper pigmentation. I know my skin really isn't that bad, but like other people, I get really bad days or time frames, and the worst part of it all is really that it hurts lol. -___-

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...