Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Thursday, July 24, 2014

[Sidetracked]: Inked Donatello, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

  Hello everyone!  Today, I'm posting a Side Tracked post, to share a drawing I worked on and finished today.  Let me tell you just how wonderful it is to not have to get up early, or stay up late to work on homework and cram for a test; IT'S FANFREAKINGTASTIC!

Image source here.

  It's been a pretty amazing week off from school and it's just been nice to do whatever I want after work and on my days off.  Because I have been trying my best to become more artistically active, I decided to take my precious time to start on different drawing projects.  I am a huge fan of TMNT and it's definitely something nostalgic for me, since I grew up with them!  Going along with what I am more comfortable with, I decided to put my new Sakura Micron pen set to the inking test!  I have never inked seriously before, and have always just stuck with traditional pencils and shading.  I recently picked up the pen set meant for comic/manga inking because I really like the finish that inking leaves on pictures and drawings.  It looks very professional and just overall polished.  I scrapped the color idea for this particular drawing, because I think it looks best purely inked.  Though, if it were in color, it would look just as great, I just prefer this basic, simplistic black and white feel.  I'll post below, a work in progress.  I didn't get a good picture of the beginning lines I put down with pencil, but you can see the finished product at the end, in all its' inked glory!  Also, I'm still working on proportions and I know that poor Donny here is not as proportioned as he should be, but I still like the way he came out.




  You can find the original artist, and picture I used for reference here.  I was really inspired to start this series, because lately I've seen TMNT becoming more popular again.  Also with the promotion of the new TMNT movie, it's everywhere.  Before you ask, I'll answer now.  NO, I am not excited nor happy about the new movie.  I don't like the design of the new Turtles and just seeing the preview and hearing a bit of the premise has made me sad and I do not want to see the movie.  I may watch it, but I'm not going to pay to see it in theaters.  Why you gotta go and ruin my childhood Michael Bay?! 

Image source here.

  Anywho, I hope to have more posts up, on the progress for the rest of the Turtles.  I'm actually planning on giving this one to a friend as a belated Birthday gift. ^_^  As for my personal collection, I'll be doing each rad Turtle individually and maybe throw in a group drawing.  Also, if you're a Sailor Moon fan, please stay tuned, I eventually hope to have a Sailor Moon series as well to add to my portfolio.

  Are you a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  What are your feelings on the new upcoming movie?  Thank you again very much for visiting!  

Until next time! (^.~ )v

4 comments:

  1. omg that's so good! i wish i had talent in drawing like you lol

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I still have a lot to improve on, but I just really enjoy drawing. ^_^; I'd be happy to check out your blog! Thanks again for visiting!

      Delete
  2. can i make a drawing request for my birthday on november too? ehehe. you're so talented ana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Shayne! ^_^ Sure! Let me know what you would like, and I'll see what I can do. Though, it may take me a while! ^_^; I'll do my best to get it out in time! haha

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...