Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, August 24, 2014

[Review]: Urban Decay Dangerous Palette

  Hi everyone!  So I'd been meaning to review this palette since I picked it up sometime last year.  I believe I purchased this on clearance, so it was around $20, when it was normally like a $35 palette. There were three palettes that came out in this little series.  I picked up The Dangerous Palette, as opposed to the Feminine and Fun palettes.  I felt like this particular palette had colors I'd use more so than the other ones, and I really love the jewel tones included in the Dangerous Palette.  (Also, the name of this palette is pretty badass right?  Who wouldn't want a badass eye makeup look?)



  This palette comes in a zipper/pouch style, and it's got like a vinyl kind of material on the outside.  It's fairly durable and has been great for travel.  It also includes a decent sized mirror and the Naked lipgloss.  It's a nice color and has a bit of a sticky texture, so I don't ever really use it, because I don't care for the formula and it doesn't really do anything for me.







I really enjoyed every shade in this palette.  There are a few shades for pops of color and then some nice, more neutral shades for less intense looks.  They're all a metallic finish, but look really great on any skin tone.  I really like this palette for fall, or nights out!  The formula of this palette is nothing short of what Urban Decay is known for; they're buttery, blend like a dream and are super velvety and long lasting.  I think Gravity and Loaded are my favorite shades.  You can easily do any kind of smokey eye with this palette.  I found myself reaching for this when going to concerts too!  I'd recommend this to anyone who wants really pretty jewel tone shades or a fun smokey eye palette with a touch of color.

  That was it for this short and sweet review.  Have you guys tried any of the other palettes? (Feminine or Fun)  Do you have a favorite Urban Decay palette?  Let me know in the comments!  Hope you found this helpful!  (^.~ )v

4 comments:

  1. At first glance the colors in this palette appear a little edgy but with a closer review they do look very wearable. The mushroom color in particular is very pretty to me. I don't have many eyeshadow palettes because I'm so lazy when it comes to wearing shadows.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowena, my thoughts exactly! I only picked up this palette after looking at swatches online and it was on clearance so it was a very affordable price, and worth what I paid. I'd have to say the colors are very wearable! ^_^ The mushroom color is gorgeous alone! I really personally love Gravity, the deep purple. It's soo pretty in person! Thanks for your comments, I always appreciate it! ♥

      Delete
  2. I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS PALETTE. The colours are definitely very edgy (-cue fantasies of being that ~badass~ girl riding on some ~badass~ motorcycle-), but at the same time I'M MORE DISAPPOINTED BY THE PACKAGING. There's so much space wasted in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Vanessa, I was totally fantasizing about being the BA chick too!!! I really like the shades in this palette if I'm going for an edgier look, but I agree with you the packaging could have been much better. It could have even been half the size it is, and save tons more space. It could have been as sleek as the Naked Basics palettes. *shrugs*

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...