Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, August 9, 2014

[Review]: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

  Hi everyone!  Today I wanted to share some thoughts on the popular Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.  Youtubers and gurus alike, all rave about this nifty, travel-friendly, all-in-one, essential palette.  I received this pretty baby as a gift for my birthday a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

  I'm sure everyone has those days where they really just don't feel like getting ready.  Or they have little time or just enough time to do one or two things with their appearance.  Sometimes all I have time for is a quick wash of a neutral eyeshadow color and maybe a quick swipe of a dark color along the lashline for definition and a lil' somethin' something'.  Sometimes, I wish that someone else would get ready for me; I always wanted a personal hair and makeup person.  Things would be so much easier, and I'd be ready in half the time!


  I feel that the UD Naked Basics is a nice palette for those "in a hurry" or "not enough time, but I got a minute" type of days or mornings.  I found myself utilizing this palette, when I had the least amount of time to do things!  Go figure.  It has a nice range of colors that works well with all skin tones and eye colors.




  The palette comes with 6 different shadows, all great for a neutral every day look, or a neutral smokey eye look.  All shades are usable and pigmented.  The formula for this palette does not disappoint and stays true to the typical Urban Decay quality.  All the shades included in the palette also work for various things.  You could use each color individually for a one-wash color on the lids, or you can use the darker shades for a soft-liner to define the eyes subtly.  I like that this palette can be used for softer, more natural looks, or you can go bold or smokey.  The size of the palette is also beneficial for those who travel often, but do not want to pack a bunch of singles or a giant palette.  This is great for all occasions, so you can really take it anywhere and use it for various occasions; such as weddings, work or school, night out, date night, brunch, shopping etc.  It's a very versatile palette and I'm happy to have it in my collection.



  The palette is organized nicely; the lightest shades begin on the left and end with the darkest shade on the right which is Crave and it is a nice strong, pigmented, matte black.  I also really love that the Naked Basics includes a nice subtle satin highlight color too.  It's great for the brow bone or highlighting the inner corners of the eyes, or even the high points of your face (if you're in a pinch and don't have highlighter.)  This palette, unlike the other UD palettes do not include any application tools like brushes or extra perks like lip gloss or anything.  So the only gripe about travelling with this palette, is that you'll need to bring brushes.  That being said, you could even use it and blend out with your fingers, the shadows are pigmented and easy to blend so it wouldn't be a huge issue.



  From left to right for both swatch pictures, we have the following:

Venus - highlight shade.  It's a creamy semi-matte shade, kind of satin but not full on shimmer.  It's a light cream beige color, and appears a bit light pink on my skin. It's really subtle and one of my favorite shades in the palette.

Foxy - a really nice bisque color, leans slightly yellow on my skin tone.  It's a light neutral color and makes a good base to brighten up the eyes.

W.O.S (Walk of Shame) - a peachy, skin tone color.

Naked 2 - a really nice light taupe, light beige color.  I like this as an all-over shade on the eyes for an extra something, if I'm feeling lazy.

Faint - a beautiful deep, warm tawny color.  It's a lighter shade of brown, but very warm.  It's really pretty in person.

Crave - a really dark brown/black shade.  Great for smoking out or hazing the eyes.  This shade is probably the most versatile for me, because I can use it as a one-shade smokey eye shade, or as a soft liner.

   I really like this palette, and would suggest and recommend to any minimalist out there.  It's a nice set of mattes and definitely has very flattering shades for everyone.  It's travel-friendly, versatile and all occasions friendly; special or casual events.  The pigmentation and formula for this palette is also noteworthy, and doesn't fall short of the Urban Decay reputation.

Are you interested in this all matte palette?  Do you have any favorite matte products or recommendations?  Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. This palette looks like a really good one for on the go and travelling!
    Thanks for reviewing this, I really love the colour faint! :)

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fifi! Thanks for visiting, I'm glad you enjoyed my review! I'm going to Vegas in September and plan on taking this with me! Faint is super gorgeous! :D

      Delete
  2. Urban Decay did such a great job with the Naked series of palettes. Every single shade in this palette is so complimentary and wearable. This one really seems like a great starter palette for anyone who is getting into eyeshadows. It would be great if they could figure out a way to build a compartment into the case for traveling.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowena! I completely agree! I think this is a great starter palette also! It has all basic shades that everyone can use. I think the compartment idea you had is brilliant! Also, I saw that Urban Decay is actually coming out with a Naked Basics 2 Palette! So much Naked! I saw a glimpse and it looks like the same range of shades but in lighter more muted tones. It's probably not going to be something I need to get my hands on, but it's a nice alternative for those who want lighter shades than the NB1.

      Delete
  3. i didnt know WOS meant walk of shame! thats cute :) i wanted to get this palette too anna cause youre right its very travel friendly. but the shades that i want are on my other palettes so i decided to skip it. i am interested at the new naked2 basics palette tho. have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that WOS meant Walk of Shame either until I went and looked it up haha. I actually would have personally skipped this palette because I do have other shades I like in other palettes that work for everyday or are any occasion friendly, but I received this as a birthday gift from a friend. And when travelling, I usually only use mascara and eyeliner, I don't really have a need for eye shadow, unless there's a special occasion. I have seen pictures of the Naked Basics 2 palette, and it looks pretty, but I will not be jumping on that Naked wagon. The shades look more neutral than the Naked Basics 1 palette and I have so many neutral shadows already, I don't need another whole palette to my collection. I think I'm good on eye shadows for a while! Aside from that, Naked Basics 2 does look very nice!

      Delete
  4. THIS PALETTE OH MY GOSHHH.
    All my contouring and smokey eyeshadow dreams await me.
    So beautiful for autumn. (And all year round).

    Loves.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joey! I know! I wouldn't have picked this up on my own, but since I got it as a gift I've really loved it! I also agree with you, I can't wait to use this for Fall especially! Thanks so much for stopping by! ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...