Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Thursday, August 28, 2014

[Sidetracked]: Michaelangelo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

  Hi again everyone!  I have another Sidetracked post for you guys!  I actually finished Michaelangelo of TMNT or Mikey here, about a week or so ago.  I just hadn't had the time to create a post for him until now.  I'm currently finishing the last week of my first Bachelor's class.  It's been an interesting 5 weeks, so I'm excited and a bit nervous to see how the next class goes, I believe it's on coding (which makes me nervous, because I had a bad experience with it in my past class).  Anyway, if you follow my Deviant Art account, you can stay up to date on my artwork and new posts drawing/art wise. (^.^ )b  I used this picture for reference.  The following photos were taken with my Samsung GS4 (I don't have a scanner so I have to make do with the cameras I have ^.^;)  I used the VSCO Cam app to edit the black and white photos you see below.  Please take the flip to see the works in progress leading up to the finished piece!







  For the finished product, I decided to keep it gray-scale and with a pop of color, orange for Mikey's iconic identifying color.  I thought about doing this one in full color, but I was kind of lazy and I also didn't have the right colors I felt I wanted to use, so I decided to brush up on my shading skills.  I'm not totally satisfied with the shading, it's a bit rough, but it's not terrible.  I've got a long way to go!  Hope you all enjoyed this quick Sidetracked post!  I hope to have the remaining turtles Leo and Raph started and completed soon as well.

Hope everyone is well and thanks again for reading! (^.~ )v

4 comments:

  1. youre so so talented ana! i like that every color is toned down except for orange. i can imagine all 4 of them in one pic like this :) btw i think the shading is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shayne! Thank you so much, you're so sweet! I enjoyed the pop of color too. And thank you so much, I felt the shading could have been better, but you know they always say you're your own worst critic. :3 Stay tuned for the remaining turtles!

      Delete
  2. Wow, stunning work. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beautiful Nessa! Thanks so much for your always kind comments ♥ I'm glad you liked this piece!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...