Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

[Hair] Went shorter!

  Hi everyone!  I'm back with an update post!  I began my week long vacation from work last Friday and have the rest of the week off until next Monday!  *Big cheer!*  Some of you who have followed my blog for a while know that I had really long hair for a few years.  A few months back I decided to cut a majority of it off for Summer and for a new change (though I've had both short and long hair off and on throughout my life).  I went in for a clean up/trim and decided to go a bit shorter!  I thought I'd share with you the new cut!  I have been really loving the new length lately and it's so much fun and there's so much you can do with short hair too.  I got it to a length where I can just barely get it gathered into a tiny pony tail, that's okay though; my showers have been cut in half if not more, styling is a breeze and takes less time too, and I feel like my hair is back to being super healthy again!  Really, a nice haircut really refreshes and revives you and your look!  So if you've been contemplating the big chop, just go for it!  It'll grow back anyhow!  And if you're still on the fence, don't go super short all at once, I wasn't so sure how short I wanted it, but I decided I could go shorter this time because my hair grew so quickly!


  If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll see how many short/medium length cuts and styles I've pinned lately and so basically I've been a little obsessed with this length.  When I first cut off around 10 inches of my long hair, I got it cut up to about my collarbone and went for a "long bob" kind of look, you can see that in this post.  The cut I went for this time, the front layer is much more angled and more "classic bob" and the length of the layer in the back is a bit shorter like your traditional bob.


Yikes! No makeup!  *Dem dark circles/eye bags tho.*

  It isn't that much shorter than it was before, I think the shape is just a bit more angled, so the back is actually much shorter than it was the first cut.  In the picture above, I just did my usual routine, and blow dried, but used a round brush and skipped the flat iron.  Nice and effortless and really, it only took like 10 minutes to do my hair this morning.  That's a nice change from taking an hour to do my hair!  In these next pictures, this was the day I got it cut and I went out for a lunch party for my hubby's birthday!


  I'm excited to curl my shorter hair, I just love the waves that some people can get with shorter lengths, so cute and spunky!  I feel like this length of hair gives me a new energy and I feel a lot more lively!  I've also had people tell me it makes me look younger */fistpump* and some people have said that it makes me look more my age or more mature.  Not sure, but I'm mostly ecstatic at how little time it takes me to get ready now haha!  Anyway, I hope to have more posts this week and I'll be documenting or at least camera blogging my trip to Vegas this weekend!!!  I'm going with a good girlfriend and it's my first time there!  Be sure to follow me on my trip via Instagram!  I'm sure I'll have lots of stuff to share!


Let me know in the comments if you've had a major hair change this Summer!  Let me know what you got done!  I'll be seeing you guys later this week! Until next time, Happy Monday everyone! (^.~ )v

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Anna! This length looks pretty on you and it's also quite versatile so I'm sure you'll have fun playing with it. I was tempted to chop my chin length bob into a pixie this summer but thought better of it.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowena, thank you! ^_^ I'm excited to play with it, but I am not hair expert by any means haha. Ooooh, pixie cuts are quite daring! That'd be brave! I think they can be cute hairstyles, but I wouldn't be able to go that short personally. I really love the way it looks on celebrities like Emma Watson and Natalie Portman, it was a fantastic look for them, it even looked cute on Jennifer Lawrence!

      Delete
  2. Love both cuts tbh! And yassssss to curled short-mid length hair! One of the reasons I cut my hair in the first place is because I love how curled short hair looks. I even bought a new curling iron...but then realized I'm far to lazy to curl my hair L O L ;-;
    Hope you had fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL Vanessa! I feel the same! I liked curling long hair, but cute short/medium curled hair is suuuuper adorbs! And I don't even do my hair really in the morning because I like to sleep in. >___> /fail. hahaha... And I had a great time in Vegas!! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. Your new hair looks super cute! Have you ever thought about dying it before? ^_^
    Come check out my "new"(not really :P) blog. -.- haha... no followers or readers. I'd love some feedback! :)
    http://januarychokko.blogspot.ca/

    JanuaryChokko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JanuaryChokko! Thanks for visiting my humble little blog! ^_^ I have thought about dying it in the past actually! I thought about going a lighter brown shade, or darker, but I decided against it. Once upon a time in high school I had purple streaks and I liked it, but not the maintenance and the damage it left. :/ I'll definitely check out your blog! Thanks again for visiting &hearts!

      Delete
  4. Your new hair style looks so cute! It really suits you :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...