Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Thursday, November 20, 2014

[Current Obsession]: Taylor Swift ♥

  Hi everyone!  Sorry, I've been MIA again for a while!  Just ended one class, and moved right into another, and the workload is much heavier in this class.  So I apologize for my sporadic hiatuses.  Fall is in full swing here in the Pacific Northwest, and we're well on our way to Winter.  I'm looking forward to Summer already haha!  I miss my sunshine and warm days, although, the Pacific Northwest here for the last two or three weeks has had just beautiful Fall weather, chilly air, bright and sunny skies.  It's perfect and just how I love Fall.  Though, we're supposed to get rain, rain, rain these next few days!  That's ok, it's cold, but I've always loved rain.


  Today's post is a bit different, it's not beauty related, but it is art related (at least in my opinion).  So, I'm not one for mainstream music too often.  Not to sound like a music snob or anything like that, but I have really particular tastes in music, and I don't usually listen to the radio or anything like that.  Most of the stuff I listen to, I have discovered on YouTube.  Though recently, Taylor Swift came out with her second single off of her newest album 1989, Blank Space, and I have to admit, IT IS SO... SO CATCHY!!!  I loved the song so much, I sampled the rest of the album and decided to go out and buy it!  I'm obsessed with the entire album, I haven't really "fell in love" with an artist like that in a long time, and I am surprised it's Taylor.  It's really hard to choose just one song to call my "favorite" because I actually really love each song on the album, but as of right now, I've been really feeling "Wildest Dreams", and "Clean".

  I have to say this is one of the best pop albums I've decided to purchase in a long time, and I'm so glad I did.  Taylor Swift has really matured in her music, and has grown a lot in my personal opinion, not that she wasn't great before, but I just really love the note she included with her album; she sort of explained the purpose of a few of the songs, and it was just really lovely and heartfelt.  She also included some really cute polaroids of her and some of the band mates etc, along with the album, and the lyrics are included for every song as well (I always love that!).

  She's usually  not my "cup of music tea", but I'm seriously loving you right now Taylor Swift.  I bought the album last Thursday, and I've been listening to it nonstop since.  I think I'm officially a "Swifty". ^.~



Have you guys listened to any of the songs on her new album?  If you have the album, what's your favorite song?  Or tell me what you've been obsessed with lately!  Music, foods, clothes, anything, I wanna know!  Let me know in the comments! 
Until next time everyone, I'll be back real soon! (^.~ )v

15 comments:

  1. I missing summer as well. It's so crazy how cold it's gotten all over the US this week. I can't really say I'm a fan of Taylor Swift's music but her songs do seem catchy and it's nice that she actually writes her own material. I've been obsessed with rewatching Sherlock lately since BBC America is airing it now and the K-Drama Birth of a Beauty!

    Happy weekend Anna! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowena, I agree, I'm so sad to hear about Buffalo, NY, first the sky dumps snow on them and now there is possible flooding! Then I just saw on the news that one of the major freeways to the other side of the state closed because of all the snow.

      I really do like that Taylor writes most of her own material, that's admirable. I LOVE Sherlock!!! I CANNOT wait for the Christmas special! I haven't heard of Birth of a Beauty, is it any good? I recently watched 49 Days and loved it, and I have a special soft spot for Heart Strings too. I love good kdramas! Any other recommendations?

      Delete
  2. Taylor Swift is one of my favorite singers!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been liking Taylor Swift more and more as her music keeps getting better and better! I really wanted to listen to this new album, but as I only really listen to music via spotify and she removed all of her music from spotify, I haven't yet heard it! I guess I should take your word for it and find it on youtube!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hoda! Yah I heard she removed her songs from Spotify too. That's too bad, this newest album really is a gem. I'd suggest looking it up on iTunes for a sample at least. I only need the first 10 secs of each song really to know I would like the entire album. I've had it for like 2 weeks now and it's all I've been listening to! Thanks for visiting! <3

      Delete
  4. I love the rain only when I'm cozied up in bed or just at home. I had to YouTube Blank Space and it is playing in my background now. My current earworm from her is Shake it Off. It keeps shaking into my head. I've never liked Taylor Swift. I somehow dislike her red lips and the way she pursed them. I also often hear about her writing lyrics to "poke" back at people like her ex and so on that I thought it got quite boring. But I've to agree that her songs are getting better too. Thanx for sharing and stay warm!

    Remember to check back on my replies to you!

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been playing 'Wildest Dreams' a lot lately, I love that it's a little on the "dangerous" side if that makes sense! But I also really enjoy 'Style' and 'I Know Places' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kie! I have had all of those songs on repeat including "Clean" as well. Probably my most fave tracks off the album, even though I love the whole thing.

      Delete
    2. Also, I totally get what you mean about the "dangerous" side of "Wildest Dreams", it's so romantic, but edgy! LOVE it.

      Delete
  7. hello, nice your post about the music, I do not listen to Taylor, I listen jazz, rock I love the 90's music :)
    kisses
    Duapara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blank space too!! I sing it so often my bf is so annoyed lol. And like you I didn't even seek her out before - and this seems to be the same phenomenon for a lot of new "Swifties" since this album. :) Taylor Swift is taking over the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this album in my CD player in the car for like three weeks now since I got it and it's all I listen to! D: lol hubby is slightly annoyed too! ^.~ She really is taking over! haha. <3 Thanks so much for your comments and for reading, it's much appreciated!

      Delete
  9. ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'M SO LATE ON THIS POST, BUT TO BE FAIR, I DIDN'T LISTEN TO HER ALBUM UNTIL DECEMBER. And I kind of had to listen to her album, because I bought her concert tickets, ya know???

    Blank Space, Out of the Woods, All You Had to Do Was Stay, Wildest Dreams, Clean, and I Know Places are my favourites. Also, an old song of hers that I've been obsessed with as of late is 'Enchanted'. It's so fairytale-y and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Vanessa, s'all good girlfran! You're never too late if you're commenting on my posts! haha. <3 <3 <3 Feelin' the love here ^.^ Also, I'd say after listening to the entire album like a bajillion times now, my most favorites are Blank Space, Style, Clean, Wildest Dreams, and I Know Places. Also, since we're going back to her old stuff, I really loved Love Story and Enchanted.

      I'm soooo jelly that you're going to her concert!?! I'd totally splurge to see her on a 1989 tour. I hope you have tons o' fun!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...