Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, January 4, 2015

[Sidetracked] Raphael: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

  Helloooooo 2015!  My first post of the year, and here's to hoping for many more and more frequent postings!  Sadly, my freedom that is Winter Break from classes ends tomorrow! ;___;  I plan to post and share more on the blog this year as part of my personal resolutions.  I really enjoy blogging and will do my best to make more time for my lonely blog!  (This involves actually posting niche blog related things,  ya know like... I don't know makeup!? LOL - There is a real lack of beauty things here! ;___; I apologize!)  I also wanted to do my best to make more time for art; it's a huge stress reliever for me and I genuinely missed letting the creative juices flow.  

  For my first post of 2015, I am pleased to finally share the final and last installment of my drawing series for TMNT.  I was quite pleased with this drawing, and only wish that my camera phone picked up my detailing better.  I apologize for the quality, I'm in the works of getting myself a proper scanner!  So without further ado, please enjoy my last installment of TMNT, Raphael!



  You may find the picture I used for reference here. I used VSCO Cam to edit these photos a bit to help the lines and shading show up better.  I have been using Sakura Micron pens in various sizes for inking, a mechanical pencil for sketching, tortillions for shading and blending, and 2B and HB graphite pencils by Derwent for shading.  For the color, I have been using Prisma Color pencils. I have been really enjoying all the tools I've been using for some time, and would definitely recommend them to any artists or sketchers out there. ^.^b  

  I'm fairly new to the Sakura Micron pens, but I do love their ink flow and the control I have on my lines.  My only grip is I run out of ink quite quickly after a few drawings, but I suppose if you consider the amount of inking I'm doing, it's pretty expected.  They are also quite affordable!  I've found all my tools at Michael's.  I have also used Derwent pencils for years, since middle school and I will always continue using them for sketching and shading!  Very nice quality pencils.

That's it for my first post for 2015, and I hope you all enjoyed that last drawing.  I plan to begin a new fanart series for Sailor Moon; I was pretty inspired because of the re-release Crystal Series.  I've loved Sailor Moon since I was like 10, and it always brings back good childhood memories of waking up extra early in the summer at 8am to catch the original series on TV.  I've been keeping up with the release on Crunchyroll.  

Are you a fan of Sailor Moon?  What other shows bring back memories for you?  Let me know in the comments below!  I would love to hear your thoughts and if you have suggestions, I'd love to check them out!

Until my next post, I'll catch you all then!  Thanks again for sticking with me and my little blog for another year, I hope you'll continue to return! ♥ To all my close blogging friends (you know who you are), here's to 2015 and more blog posts together!!!
(^.~ )v

40 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anna! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad you're continuing to showcase your artwork on here as it's fun to see your creative process. I've never watched Sailor Moon but I have a younger cousin who used to just adore the series. Good luck with your classes this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Rowena, and thank you as always for your kind comments. I had a very nice Christmas, I hope you enjoyed yours as well. <3 I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying my artwork posts, I wasn't so sure about doing them at first, but they seem to be a big hit! Regarding my classes, thank you for your positive vibes, I'm going to need them! lol XD

      Delete
  2. Wow, amazing. *__*
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you Nessa! <3 Hope you had a Happy New Year and a beautiful Christmas! <3

      Delete
  3. Very Talented! I look forward to seeing more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashley! I'm glad you enjoyed this post, I'll be sure to share more artwork in the future! Hope to see you again soon. <3

      Delete
  4. Wowie you kick arse with drawing! Loved the Ninja Turtles when
    I was little ^__^ And of course I've seen Sailormoon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!!! You're also an extremely talented artist too! Here's to more artwork for 2015! <3

      Delete
  5. You draw so well, Anna! I only wish to have even 1/8 of the skills you have. #GIRLWHOFAILEDARTCLASS here.
    Happy new year and I hope to see more illustrations from you this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharina! Thank you so much for your kind words <3 I just really enjoy drawing, it's so relaxing for me, I'm glad you enjoy my work too. You should practice, or draw/doodle anyway, there is not wrong or right way to do art, you just do it! ^___^ I hope to have more pieces up on the blog too! Thanks again for your support!

      Delete
  6. So awesome! I can't wait to see your Sailor Moon artwork as I grew up with the series as well. One of my parents' methods to wake me up in the mornings as a kid was turning the TV on really loudly and Sailor Moon would usually be on which I ended up watching instead of actually getting up, ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kie, that's such an awesome way to wake up! LOL My parents just yelled at me, or ripped covers off me haha. I had less pleasant mornings with my parents -___-;; hehe. Sailor Moon has a really special place in my adult heart because it was such a huge part of my childhood. I can't wait to get started on the art series and share with you all. <3 Thank you so much again, for all your kind comments, connecting and your support. <3

      Delete
  7. Wow that is amazing! Sailor and TMNT definitely bring back childhood memories for us! Pokémon is also another big one!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Pokemon is another childhood memory for me too! The original 150, I didn't keep up with all the new generation Pokemon so I feel like an old lady now lol! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Wish you a wonderful weekend... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments. Like your inspiring blog :)

    xoxo
    http://singingthumbelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love seeing your sketches on Instagram. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I'm so glad to hear you like my sketches! I hope to do more so I can get better/get more practice in. <3 Hope to see you again soon, and hope you're well!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalye! ^__^

      Delete
  12. Amazing drawing, you are so talented! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee, thank you so much! ^_^

      Delete
  13. Hi Anna, I never knew this aspect of you! The creative artist! I like the way you colour in the colours and boy, I have no idea what all those tools are that I had to google. When I doodle and colour, it really is amateurish. Just mechanical pencil and Faber Castell colour pencils... wait or is that even Faber Castell colour pencils? Gee... I've no idea. I clicked on where you referenced your picture from and I really prefer yours a lot better! I'm looking forward to see more of your artwork!

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo! Thank you so much for your sweet comments, as always! I'm super excited to hear that you actually prefer my rendering over the reference! I'm glad you like my artwork! ^__^; It's a bit of a hobby and I used to be much more passionate about it, and I'm getting back into it! I went into a long hiatus because of school and life, and just couldn't find the time at first. It's okay, you don't need the same tools to consider yourself an artist, there's an art form in anything you create! <3 I'm looking forward to adding more artwork posts to the blog, I'm really happy to hear that most readers are excited like you too. ^_^

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Hi Maiken, thank you so much! Glad you liked it! I hope to include more artwork in my future posts, hope to see you visit again! <3 ^___^

      Delete
  15. (This involves actually posting niche blog related things, ya know like... I don't know makeup!? LOL --- made me lol haha. i missed your blog anna :)
    you know ill always be a huge fan of your drawing / insane shading skills, and yes pls do a sailor moon sketch. i looove that show and im also watching the new series! hope they can release more ep faster cause waiting one month for an episode is testing my patience :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad to have made you laugh! <3 Once I gain a bit more time to myself from school (my next classes should allow me more time) I'll definitely begin the Sailor Moon series, and I agree, I HATE waiting for the new episodes! I think I'm done with the first season? Still waiting for the 2nd season I think to come out? I watch it on crunchyroll.com.

      Delete
  16. Thx, for your comment, dear. ^^
    Have a nice Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woah! THAT DRAWING IS SOME SERIOUS TALENT :) I can never figure out how to get shading right so I'm super impressed by yours lol :) And I LOVE Sailor Moon! Love the original, and the new crystal series drawing looks good but I feel like it's a little unrealistic and depicts kind of negative beauty ideals onto the younger female viewers :P


    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Thank you so much! ^__^ I'm glad you liked my drawing. Shading is suuuuuuper difficult! It takes a lot of practice, and even then, I don't think my shading is anything spectacular lol. I loved the original Sailor Moon as well and grew up with it, and I love the Crystal series too. I personally don't see much of a difference in artwork between the original and crystal series; the only different I see is that the crystal series seems more "HD" and a line work and all that and colors etc., look more "updated". That being said, in general Sailor Moon body image/beauty image wise is TOTALLY unrealistic, but it's an anime, and most anime are unrealistic in terms of anatomy and beauty. I think it's important to remember it's a cartoon. ^__^b Thank you so much for visiting!

      Delete
  18. Happy New Year and Valentines day Anna! (though it's super late!)
    WOW! You are super talented with drawing! I can't believe you actually drew that. It looks like a picture out of a published book or something.
    I have been on and off my blog lately too.. theres too much going on and little time /energy to blog now for me! I used to watch a bit of teenage ninja turtles as well as a show called tokyo mew mew as far as anime goes! I've always wanted to start sailor moon cause it looked so cool but never got the chance!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minddyyyyyyy! <3 <3 <3 Girl, you do not need to tell me twice about energy and time to blog! lol I've been so overwhelmed with school and work the last 2 months, I have had no time for new posts! ;___; Thank you so much for your kind comments, it means a lot, because I feel that I'm still really rusty, but I really enjoy drawing. I hope to have more art posts soon! I have heard of Tokyo Mew Mew but have never got to watch it! You should totally check out Sailor Moon, perfect girl super hero! lol. Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and show some blog love. <3

      Delete
  19. This is just awesome! I wish I had such talent. T_T


    jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!!! ^_^;;

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...