Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, March 15, 2015

[FOTD] Featuring: Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Nude Beach

  Hello again everyone!  I'm back with another FOTD (face of the day) post today.  It's rainy, dreary, gloomy and very cold today.  The lighting isn't the best, but hopefully the photos I was able to get will do Nude Beach justice!  I'll say right now, the color is a lot warmer in person.  I didn't really have any plans, and didn't go out, so as quick as I threw this FOTD together, I washed my face and got in my PJs just as fast!  Today's FOTD star is again the lips!  I decided to feature the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Nude Beach that I did a small review for a few days ago here.


Face:
  • Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Primer
  • Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream in #2
  • Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder
  • Basic Beauty Blender I picked up from Walgreens
Eyes:
  • Innisfree Mineral Eye Primer
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #50
  • Naked 3: Darkside and Blackheart mixed together over the Play 101 pencil
  • Lioele Eyebrow Auto Pencil in #3 Grey Black
  • NYX Control Freak Eyebrow gel
  • Dolly Wink Long Mascara
Lips:
  • Rosebud Perfume Co. Lip balm in Strawberry
  • Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Nude Beach


  I really like Nude Beach!  It's my first nude shade in my lipstick/gloss collection and I'd say it's pretty suited and flattering for my skin tone.  I have yellow undertones, so nude colors usually wash me out, but not Nude Beach.  I feel it's just pink enough to come off nude and not overly pink.  The formula is super creamy, hydrating and a nice finish, with a good slip.  This is a great everyday lipstick too.  It can be paired with a lot of different makeup or eyemakeup looks.



  It looks super pink in these last two closeups of my lips, but I think it's because I have very pigmented lips and because it's rainy outside, the lighting has been inconsistent the whole afternoon.  I also didn't bother concealing or blotting out my natural lip color, so the color you see in these last two pictures are probably the result of Nude Beach and my natural lip color mixed together.  Regardless, I quite like it.  Not too pink, nice and warm like I was hoping for a nude shade.

  As I also mentioned, I used a "beauty blender" of sorts to apply my BB cream today.  I have never used this kind of tool before and I personally prefer using a really dense brush or my fingers to apply BB cream.  I 99% of the time will apply it with my fingers, because they naturally warm up the product making it easier to apply and spread, and it happens to be suuuupppper fast when I only have 5-10 minutes to put a face on before work and run out the door.  The blender I purchased is from Walgreens and it's just a generic/basic brand that was about $5.  Since this is my first time using this type of tool, my first impression of it was "this is kinda weird O_o".  I like it's squishy-ness, and it does do a nice job of blending.  The blender was just as a fast as using a brush, but I'd say fingers are the fastest tool, especially applying BB creams.  The tool itself seems pretty easy to clean and maintain.  My only gripe so far, I already have a tiny tear or two on the sponge, and I didn't even handle it roughly or anything, so I'm thinking it may have happened when I was taking it out of the packaging.  Oh well, it still works.  Overall; it's a pretty nifty makeup tool, but from what I've read, beauty blenders are supposed to give you an "airbrushed" effect, and I don't really feel that it did that for me.  The results I received with using the beauty blender is pretty much the same as if I used my fingers.  Though, I don't wear a lot of BB cream, I usually use a really thin layer to even out my skin tone and call it a day.  I'll keep using it and decide later if I think it's worth replacing.  I've done fine without one, but it's kind of nice to be able to sponge and pat on my BB cream and then really pat it in with the bottom of the blender (it's a larger and flatter surface).  Here is the one I purchased, but the one I have is the smaller version.  Do you guys have a "beauty blender" sponge?  What do you think of it?  Do you notice a difference in the finished look of your makeup when using a blender?


That's it for today's FOTD.  I hope you enjoyed this post and hope you found it a bit helpful in conjunction with my review of the Nude Beach La Creme Lipstick by Too Faced.  Let me know if you have La Creme lipsticks, what's your favorite shade?  Also, do you guys have a favorite beauty tool?  I'd love to hear suggestions or recommendations, I love new things!  Until next time everyone! Thanks again for reading. (^.~ )v

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving how much you've been blogging lately, Anna! Yet another beautiful makeup look, that lipstick is seriously perfect... an ideal spring and summer lipstick shade. I usually lean towards peachy nudes as I don't think that pinks suit me but this looks so natural and fresh, I'm definitely checking out Too Faced's lipsticks next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^___^ Thank you so much Kie! <3 That means more than you know. :D I think you might find your perfect nude with the Too Faced La Creme line, there are I think, 4 other nude shades that might work for you! Hopefully you get the chance to swatch them and find one you like.

      I've been looooving blogging more often lately! I had a week off from school this past week, but alas it's coming to an end. Though, I have opted to take one of my elective classes early (so it's a "for fun" class, that shouldn't demand too much of me) so I hope to continue on this roll! Thank you as always, for your kind words and sweet encouragement. ^_^ So happy to have made a blog friend like you.

      Delete
  2. This is such a fresh and pretty look on you Anna! This lip color is really flattering!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rowena! :D I have been really loving this shade, I wasn't sure how much I'd use it, but I've reached for it a lot if I feel like a lipstick lately. :D Thanks again for stopping by! Always nice to see a familiar friend. <3

      Delete
  3. yas thanks for swatching nude beach. i like it i like it :) i feel like its very similar to the UD revolution lipstick im eyeing. its called naked. btw your blogging energy seems to be up and you sound happier on your recent posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shayne! ^__^ I miss your beautiful face floating about my comments! Nude beach is definitely a pretty nude color! I've seen UD's Naked too, however I've never swatched it in person, so I'm not sure how it compares in shade, formula/texture etc.


    I'm probably happier because I caught a small break from school! It was overwhelming me for a couple months, so it was nice to "breath" and get back to blogging! I'm glad my energy was noticeably more positive because I really enjoyed the last few posts I created! I'm hoping to do more since my current class has been a breeze so far. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY FOR DISQUS
    And I don't bother with brushes or sponges when applying bbs/tinted moisturizers, since they're so sheer anyways, and I don't need an even sheerer application! It's just easier for me too, as I'll use my clean fingers to dab in some cream blush + eyeshadow + highlight if I feel like it that day! I think I've already mentioned it, but YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT CORAL FIRE + SPICE SPICE BABY. And I recall you mentioning the Liole pencil in my latest blog post and YEAH, I'VE BEEN WANTING IT FOR YEARS BUT KINDA FORGOT ABOUT IT. I first heard of it from Jen (From Head to Toe), but never got around to actually ordering one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEVERMIND, SAY YOUR RESPONSE TO MY SPICE SPICE BABY COMMENT FROM A FEW POSTS BACK. BUT YEAH, CORAL FIRE MAN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL sorry dude. And, I made the upgrade to Disqus yaaaaaay! lol


    Also, FrmHeadToToe was the whole reason why I got the Lioele Eyebrow pencil years ago and have been using it since.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...