Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Sunday, March 8, 2015

[Trending] Red Lips: Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear Lipsticks - Melted Strawberry

  Hello again everyone!  I'm on a post-roll!!!  Two posts in a row!?  In the same month!?!  In the same week!?!?!  One day after the other!?!?!?!?!?!?! (O______o )!?  Yes, yes I know, it's a miracle; it's called not having any classes for a week! *fist pump*  And, I know that unwritten/written "blogger rules" say that you should space out your posts etc etc, but I'm a freakin' rule breaker guys, I go against the grain, including blogger grains. *bump it - you know you want to*.  I kid, I just got excited about being able to blog again for at least a week, and I want to get in as much to share as possible because I seriously missed this! 

  So I decided this weekend would be a great time to get in some thoughts about new products I've picked up as of late and share!  I mentioned in my previous post that I had picked up a couple of lip products from Too Faced to add to the collection.  Side note: aside from beauty related products, and cosmetics, I've also been slowly adding things to my wardrobe too!  I have been contemplating including a fashion post/series to the blog for some time, but photographing clothing, modeling the clothes, and all that is hard; MAD PROPS to fashion bloggers, seriously!  I may find a creative way to incorporate fun wardrobe/fashion things soon, because I've been a little obsessed with some trends recently!  F21 has been the bane of my existence lately. (-_- );


  So today, I wanted to share a few things about the Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear Lipstick I picked up in Melted Strawberry.  These lipsticks are definitely different from the typical lipstick you'd find in my little collection.  I don't have anything quite like this formula, or with this type of application.  It has a slanted, felt-tip applicator, with a couple holes where the product dispenses.  I was a little unsure about this applicator, but to my surprise it's pleasantly easy to use, precise, and dispenses product evenly.  It's comfortable to use on the lips too; nice and soft.  I've used some felt applicator tips for lip products (mainly glosses) and some of them can be scratchy or just wimpy, and provide no control over the product whatsoever.

  
  The Melted lipsticks come in squeezy-tubes!  I like this packaging idea; it's hygienic because you don't have to dip your fingers or anything into a jar or tube, and I feel like when you're running low on the product, it'll be easy to scrape or get out every last bit of the product.  This is definitely "bang for your buck" packaging.  I can see cutting the bottom of the tube off once you get really low on product, and using a brush to apply from there; easy!  


  Onto the shade!  Melted Strawberry is a gorgeous, punchy, bright, vibrant, and very flattering red shade on most skin tones, I'd say!  I love red, and Melted Strawberry has become one of my favorite shades, I just like that "bite" it has, so bright and eye catching, I just love it!  On Sephora.com, they claim Melted Strawberry is a "blood orange shade".  I'd say that's a very accurate description of this red color.  I'm glad to have added this shade to my red collection.  This particular shade of red will be perfect for Summer!


  Regarding the product itself, claims (taken from Sephora) include:
  • Precise applicator
  • Intense saturated color
  • Shine of a gloss
  • Lasting power of a stain
  • Rich color with staying power/long lasting
  • Made without ickies - parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
  My thoughts and conclusion:  
  • Application: I would say the applicator is pretty precise for being a slanted felt-tipped applicator.  I would say for me at least, it definitely eliminates a need for a lip brush or lip liner.  However, that being said, if you want extreme, precise definition, and crisp edges (the kind you want when applying any bold shade, especially reds) you could benefit from a lip liner and lip brush; though for me, I'm lazy and I love red enough to just throw it on, and the applicator of the Melted lipsticks lives up to it's precision. Thumbs up on application/precision (^.^ )b
  • Pigmentation/color/finish: Melted Strawberry is a lovely shade!  I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun, bright, juicy, and strawberry red; this one is perfect for vibrant color lovers.  Pigmentation is off the hook!  The swatch above is after just one swipe!  I'd say this product can also be layered for a more intense color payoff, or even blended out for a lighter wash of color.  The finish; I wouldn't say it has the shine of a gloss.  I have lip glosses that are way glossier than these Melted Lipsticks; so maybe "gloss" is in the eye of the lippie holder?  Gloss or not, I like the finish!  It's definitely not matte, and the slight glossy finish I experience is pleasant and helps to make a shade like Melted Strawberry more wearable for day.  This product definitely lives up to it's pigmentation expectations!  Thumbs up for color and pigmentation!  (^.^ )b
  • Scent:  I feel like there's a slight scent, but it's hardly detectable to my nose.  If there is a scent, I'd say it's not unpleasant and definitely not a bother.  There isn't much of a taste to it either.  If you have smelled these, can you describe the scent?  I can't for the life of me!
  • Longevity:  I struggled with this a bit.  If you read reviews on the Melted Lipsticks, they're kind of all over the charts on this topic.  Some say if you let the product "set" it will last a decent amount of time, other reviews don't mention setting the product but say that it only lasts a couple hours, and some reviews have even said that the product is not very long lasting at all.  My personal opinion/experience; it's fairly long lasting.  I think the best thing to do is let the product set on your lips for a couple minutes.  I actually like to blot once with a tissue, and then while the tissue is still on my lips, blot a bit with finishing powder, and apply one more coat. Lasts for a couple hours for me; however not so much if eating and drinking.  I'll have to test the eating and drinking bit out more and report back!  Overall; fairly long lasting, but I wouldn't call it "long wearing".  I have lipglosses that last longer than this lipstick.  Longevity get's a smiley face, but no thumbs up. (^.^ )
Edit
I have a new post here featuring this lippie in a FOTD and I'm updating this review with a new opinion on longevity.  I put this lippie on around the afternoon, 1 or 2pm; didn't do much for the better part of the day besides dinking around on the computer.  Around 5:30pm, I had dinner; even had seconds, and two glasses of water, kissed my husband on the lips (a tiny bit of transfer, but not much) and I still have this stuff on my lips as if I just applied it!  My lips also still feel fairly nice, no dry and uncomfortable feeling at all.  I did mention below, that it left an unflattering stain once it started to wear off, but today, I had applied a good solid 2 coats, and it's not faded at all!  When I originally wrote this review, I had a light coat, and blended it out with my fingers, so I think it really depends on how much of this product you put on.

Final thoughts - This is a fantastic lip product, I'd totally buy a new tube when I'm finished.
End edit.
  • After effects:  Melted Strawberry will definitely leave a "stain" on the lips.  I wouldn't say it's a flattering left over stain either (at least on me).  So once this baby fades, I would personally need to re-apply.  The formulation is nice and smooth, and easy to apply/spread on; it's not chalky, sticky, or heavy feeling.  I love that this formulation is lightweight, but still packs a pigmented punch!  This stuff does not leave my lips dry or irritated at all; after a day of wear, my lips still feel in tip-top shape. Thumbs up! (^.^ )b
  Overall, I would recommend the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks for those of you who really want super pigmented pouts.  They're easy to apply, no fuss, no muss, and it comes in a variety of fun and pretty shades.  No need for lip brushes or lip liners really, unless you want to, then you do what you want!  Lasting power could definitely be longer, especially since the Melted Lipsticks go for about $21 per tube.  That being said, a couple hours of long lasting, pigmented wear is okay in my book for $21 bucks. (^.^ )b

I hope you guys enjoyed this quick review blurb!  What's your favorite go to lip shade?  Have you tried the Melted lipsticks from Too Faced, if so what do you think and what shades do you recommend?  Let me know in the comments below!  Thank you again for visiting and I hope to see you in my next post!  Until next time!  (^.~ )v

10 comments:

  1. thanks for taking the time out to do such a detailed review! That's such a lovely shade of red, I bet it looks lovely on you :) The perfect spring color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi! Thank you! I think it would be a great red shade on pretty much anyone! I really appreciate your stopping by and showing some love! ♥ Hope to see you again soon! :D

      Delete
  2. Post whenever you want ! Make your own rules. The colour looks amazing and I am tempted to try it out, but I am sadly (or luckily?) on a shipping ban.

    http://dignifiable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie! Haha, yah I do whatever I want with my blog! :P :D

      I was really pleased with this shade of red, so fun and vibrant! If you do get the chance, I'd highly recommend it! You're probably luckily on a shipping ban! Haha! I'm pretty good about limiting my spending, but I thought I'd splurge for my b-day. :D Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you again soon! ^_^

      Delete
  3. What a great color!

    http://www.fuckhighclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rui Jun, it is so much fun! I bet it would look fantastic on you too! ^__^

      Delete
  4. Hooray for more blog posts! When Too Faced came out with this last year, there was one or two shades I wanted, but I never made the jump. But they just released some new shades and I found myself swatching like, half of the new ones a few weeks ago LOL. RED VELVET IS SO PRETTY! Anyways, I probably won't be getting these because they seem too bold for my tastes and I'm more of a sheer lippie gal.

    STRAWBERRY IS PRETTY, AND THAT FOTD YOU DID--BABE ALERT ;)

    (But yeah, I've been buying tons of pants as of late too [pants buying is not my forte, but when you're at work, things get a little suspicious when you show up constantly in black jeans] and though I want to photograph me wearing them, I'm having trouble figuring out how to shoot and pose??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH BABE ALERT... NO YEW. ^.~

      Yay I know more blogging, because school isn't completely consuming me at the moment! lol Oooh, I saw Red Velvet, and I reaaaaaaaalllly want to swatch it on my hand lol! Yah, the Melted line is definitely a color-punch in the face, and if it's not you, I wouldn't go with them; even the "nude" or more muted shades are pretty "wowza".

      Though I DO want more shades of the La Creme lipsticks, I just can't get over the formula, sooooo creaaaaammmmy! Also, the scent! What do you think of it? I think it's delicioussssss!

      I've been buying tons of skirts! So funny, because I only ever wear jeans, and only recently went on a skirt kick! Yah, posing and shooting for fashion posts, NO IDEA. If you figure it out, let me know? XD

      Thanks again for all the blog love Vanessa, you da bes. ♥

      Delete
  5. Definitely true to its name. That is one strawberry color! I've been reading a lot of raves, though I'm feeling a little OC about the applicator. I would still prefer using a lip brush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely strawberry shade, I've been enjoying it especially to ring in the beginning of Spring! The applicator definitely put me off at first, but I actually came to really enjoy the application process and it's super convenient, no pesky brush to clean afterwards, and I still feel that even with a felt applicator like this, it's still very precise. ^__^b

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...