Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, April 11, 2015

[Lifestyle] ECCC 2015 and Sakura Con 2015

  Hi everyone!  I wanted to do a quick post to share some of my time at the two conventions I attended at the end of March and beginning of April.  This year, we went to Emerald City Comic Con two days, Friday and Saturday, and we attended Friday for Sakura Con.

  We had so much fun!  There was tons to see at both Cons, and definitely lots of panels to try and make at ECCC.  I think of the two, I had the most fun at ECCC.  This was my first year at Sakura Con and it was definitely an experience!  There's definitely different cultures, especially between the two cons.  I'm used to ECCC, so Sakura Con was different for me. 

  I apologize now, I didn't have as many cool pics of cosplayers as I would have liked, but I got caught up in all the different booths, wheeling around hubby, and hanging out with our long time Internet friend who we got to meet face to face for the first time!  (We've known each other for 8 years now).  Sorry, this post may be a bit boring, but it is decently picture heavy. ^.^;  Oh, and if you're wondering hubby is ok, he decided to rent a wheelchair for ECCC this year since we were going two days, and he is not supposed to be on his feet for too long because of his knees and back.  ECCC is usually a busy con for us every year, lines for signings, panels, and merch and artists booths; there is so much standing and walking around and we usually get there super early in the morning and leave late at night, so it's a good 10+ hours of standing or walking; which is not good for him (you'll see in some pics that he's not in the wheelchair; he took breaks to stretch his legs when he needed to).  So, without further ado, take a flip!


ECCC 2015

Sorry for the blur, Iron Man had just flipped his face plate up!  This was a fully functioning Iron Man suit!  So cool!

Umbrella Corp. And a zombie!


 Loved his props!

Princess Serenity!  I had a major fangirl moment and squee'd all over the place!  She was absolutely adorable and so sweet!  I had to cross a river of people to get to her and she patiently awaited!  Really great costume, and her wig was on point!


If you guys haven't seen the movie Chappie, I would highly recommend it, especially if you liked District 13, same guy directed and wrote it, and it was super entertaining.  This cosplayer was spectacular!  Absolutely loved this cosplay!  "Chappie has blings!?"

This was a fantastic Magneto!  Loved this costume!

I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, so I had another fangirl moment; love me some Black Mages!

I missed the opportune moment to get to the front of the huge crowd photographing this group, so I took my only good shot from an angle! ;__;  It's the cast of The Princess Bride; wonderful cosplay!  I just loved these guys!  So much fun!  Wesley and Princess Buttercup were spot on!

If you dig anime, I strongly suggest checking out Kill La Kill!  Amazing anime!  I spotted Ryuko (in the navy uniform) and hunted her down, I just had to have a picture!  Her scissor blade was amaze!

Saw this adorable couple cosplaying Sword Art Online!  Have you seen this anime?  I love it, and can't wait for the second season!  Cute Asuna and Kirito!

This was a fantastic No Face, from Spirited Away, one of my favorite anime as well!

I saw these two and totally freaked!  I had a HUGE fangirl moment here!  Princess Mononoke is my all time favorite Ghibli Studio movie, and one of the first ever anime movies I ever saw as a kid!  These two were perfect as San and Ashitaka!

I saw these Sailor Scout statues and oogled for a good while!  I would love to get figurines and statues, but sadly I have no place for them. ;__;

LOVED these Ghost Busters!  Especially the Mini Busters!  So cute!

Another great Princess Mononoke cosplay as San!

These guys were great!  Really awesome Resident Evil cosplay!

A little LoL (League of Legends) cosplay!  Twisted Fate, love his costume!

 Clark Gregg aka Agent Coulson!  This was a most fantastic panel, and he is so sweet!  He's super funny too!  He provided a lot of fun and exciting insight on upcoming Agents of Shield and Avengers business.

:D

Sailor Mars is my favorite Sailor Scout, and this figurine was amaaaaaaze!

Funny artwork I came across.

I saw this and had to snap a picture; I thought it was so funny!

Amazing Ultron and Captain America cosplay!  These two were great!

The Monarch and his lady ^__^

I love legos, and this was amazing because Mikey is my fave TMNT!

Cute Ghost Busters legos.

I found this so clever lol!  Walking Dead legos; Blocking Dead. XD

R2D2 zooming by!




Adorable pins I picked up!

M.O.D.O.K - one of the most epic cosplay I saw while at ECCC!  These guys stood in this spot for a long time just taking pictures with people! 


Sakura Con 2015

Saw this in the garage on the way up to the con!  So cool!

HOW FREAKING COOL ARE THESE!!!?!  I wanted this so bad!  They didn't have any for sale! ;__;  Coolest TMNT figurine EVAR.

Fabulous figurine of one of Ryuko's forms in Kill La Kill.

This seriously amazing and badass Sheik cosplay!  She was so cool!!!

The most awesome Soul and Maka cosplay in person EVAR! From Soul Eater.  Seriously, they were spot on, and I kind of wanted to steal Soul's jacket.  So cool!

That's it for the glimpse I could share of the Cons we were lucky enough to attend!  I had lots of fun, and there were so many amazing cosplayers and fun things to see!  Wish I could have snapped some more pictures of other cosplayers, maybe next year! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this quick, fun little post!  I hope everyone is well!  Excuse the lack of posts, school has kind of consumed me again!  Let me know in the comments, have you been to a Con?  Where and what was your experience like?  Until next time! (^.~ )v

11 comments:

  1. Vanessa Billie-Jill-Jean4/14/15, 3:52 PM

    Such a cool post and wonderful pictures. ^^
    New post is online... circleofchaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nessa! <3 We had lots of fun, glad you enjoyed the photos! Will definitely check out your newest post! ^__^b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa Billie-Jill-Jean4/15/15, 4:05 PM

    Thx, for your comment. ^^
    Have a nice Thursday... circleofchaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures look cray!!! I'm glad you had such an amazing time, and for sharing it online with us. I've never been to one of these things, but everyone always has such a great time that I'm tempted to go one year! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such wonderful and encouraging comments on every post. I definitely look forward to reading them each time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that looks so fun!! Xxx looked like you had a fab time, the pictures are great :D xxx another entertaining and lovely post xxx Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk !! Xx followers are desperately needed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naomi, you're welcome! I just love your posts!


    Cons are super fun! Even if you're not a serious fan of comics or whatever the convention is focused on, it's definitely all about the energy from all of the other people, and the cosplayers are also so much fun too!


    Definitely an experience! I'd definitely recommend going to one with some friends at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was lots of fun! Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed some of the photos I was able to take while attending the cons. ^__^ Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving me a comment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanessa Billie-Jill-Jean4/17/15, 1:51 PM

    Have a nice weekend. ^^
    New outfit is online... circleofchaos.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ivana Džidić4/18/15, 1:40 PM

    I had so much fun browsing these photos...so many fab cosplay costumes...that is always great to see...people can be so creative sometimes. Some of them I haven't heard of before, so that was also interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed the post! There's a lot of characters I'm not so familiar with either, but it's so much fun! Some people hand make their costumes, and I wish I knew how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ivana Džidić4/19/15, 12:52 AM

    the hand made costumes are the ones that fascinate me the most as well. I only can manage some basic sewing and I don't think I will ever be able to do sth like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...