Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hello January.

  Hello everyone, very long time no see. Happy New Year, and hello 2016!  I've sort of been MIA for a long while now; a bit over 6 months!  A lot has been happening over the past months; life changes, school, holidays, work, and well, just life.  Stay a while, have a cup of coffee with me and catch up for the first post of 2016?


  
  Where has the past 6+ months gone?  2015 has been a hell of year.  Some of you might be wondering what I've been up to all this time, and why I haven't posted in soooo long.  I don't typically try to put my personal life up for all the world to see, or anything like that, but I consider a select number of fellow bloggers, my friends, and this is what friends are for.  I didn't really want to start off 2016 on the blog with a somber or sad post but a cheerful and exciting one!  Though it's a little bit of both, I hope you can bear with me.  

  So to make a long and very complex story short, I officially split and divorced my husband mid December.  I've been living with a dear friend since August, and until I can get back on my own two feet comfortably.  I know some people are probably shocked, upset, sad, or whatever and some are probably wondering, "what the hell happened!?" as many of you fellow bloggers or readers have been with me since the start of this blog.  After almost 7 years of marriage I realized that we weren't the right fit for each other, and that I wanted to go my separate ways.  He reluctantly agreed and it was a hard first 2-3 months, but we're on as good a terms as any divorced couple could be and are pretty civil with each other, and are doing our best to be good friends to each other.  I just came to realize that what happened was I really was too young to get married.  I got married too young.  I know that's a cliche line, but it's accurate and true, and especially for me.  I have only ever been in two relationships, both serious, so far in my life.  I gave myself very little time to grow up or grow into an individual, and I'm finding out now, that it's something I want to do and something I should have done a long time ago.

  Since moving out, I had a mini Summer vacation and visited my parents for a week.  I've still been doing great in school, and I'm expected to graduate by September of this year with my Bachelor's degree completed.  I'm very excited to finally be done!  I've also been spending much needed time catching up with extended family members, seeing friends, and building closer relationships with them.  It's been a hell of a learning process, the past 7 years.  I don't regret any of it, and I wouldn't change anything for the world.  I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason.  I was meant to cross paths with certain people, and others, I guess I was only mean to just cross paths with and not stick around.  It is what it is, and it's finished now.

  Moving onto a lighter note; I've been checking off a number of places I've been dying to try out or visit and that's been the highlight of 2016 so far!  I'm excited to continue checking off more places and things I've always wanted to do.

  If you know me personally or even just in the blogosphere (though mine is quite small ^.^;),  I am a giant coffee fanatic.  I love coffee shop and cafe hopping.  It's like my version of bar hopping!  I've been to a number of hot spots in Seattle so far, and am looking forward to crossing off more places.


One of the newest cafes in Seattle is the very first, cat cafe and coffee shop!  The Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe is everything I had hoped for!  Fully equipped with an adorable, and cozy cafe spot for casual snacking and coffee drinking, the other room is dedicated to adorable, furry, felines that need to be adopted!  How sweet it that?  Unfortunately, I didn't capture any of the sweet kitties, and I didn't get to chill with the cats this visit.  If you're in the Seattle area and plan to visit this cafe and want to meet the kitties, be sure to make reservations for the cat room.  If you're lucky, you can snag an open spot if people don't show up for their reservation, but I didn't get that lucky.

The coffee is great!  I had a lovely Meow-cha and it was delicious and purrfect!  They also have the cutest pastries ever.  Cat shaped macarons, I mean honestly. ♥


  I also managed to check off my coffee list, Storyville Coffee Company, which is tucked away in the Pike Place Market in Seattle.  The ambiance is definitely on point at Storyville.  If you're looking for a sweet spot to chill, and take a break from the bustle of the market, this is your place.  Cozy, comfy seating by the fireplace, helpful and friendly staff, AMAZING drink selection and even board games; it's got it all.  It's a one stop coffee shop fosho.

  Since this is also my first blog post of 2016, I thought this would be a good opportunity to share my resolutions for the year.  If not just to share with ya'll, more just so that I can say, "I put it on Internet" (not on paper) for myself.  Here's to 2016, please be good to us all!

  1. Doodle and draw more.  I definitely plan on expounding on my artwork again, and really making it a normal routine.  You can also expect to see more drawing posts in the future.
  2. Travel, eat, and be happy.  You can bet your cute tushies that I'm going to eat all of the things, try all of the things (okay, psych. Not all of the things, because I am still somewhat picky and some things I will just.. no.) and visit all of the places (or as many as I can!)  These are what make me happy and makes my life rich.
  3. Take my time.  I'm going to be sure I take my time on various things/aspects of my life.  Relationships (all of them, not just romantically), and just really absorb it all.  Friendships, romantic relationships (if any), family life, work relationships; all of it.  
  4. Be healthier.  This goes for all of the aspects of health in life, ever.  Eat better, exercise, practice healthy communication skills, healthy self expression, healthy everything.  I want to do my best to get back to a clean slate in all of the things and keep it that way.  I'm not going to make it a goal or resolution to get to a specific body type, or weight this year (as I have in the past, and I'm sure some of ya'll are guilty too :P), but just want to be healthy in general.
  5. Self reflect.  I believe that I've always been a self reflecting individual, or at the very least I'm an individual very capable of self reflecting.  Either way, I want to be sure I take the time to do it more.  I believe that this helps me communicate my feelings and express myself better, leaves me with a better understanding of myself in the aspects of how, what, and why, and overall, I think self reflection can help anyone understand others better. 
  6. Lastly, I want to practice being kinder, more understanding, be more generous, and giving, and in the biggest picture; be the best human I can be to others.
If you've sat and read through this far, I thank you so much from the bottom of my little blogger heart for sharing my thoughts with me for this post, and for the past several years that I've been blogging.  I also thank those of you who have consistently been encouraging and have been so welcoming within the blogosphere and this tiny corner of the blogging world through email or the social media platforms we all interact on.  My dear readers, and most wonderful fellow bloggers, you're all amazing and I wish you the best year for 2016.  Until next time! (^.~ )v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...