Header

Panda Loves Eyeliner Image Map
Blogger Home About Me Contact Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hello February. FOTD: Valentine's Day Look Ft. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks & Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

  Happy February everyone!  January flew by so quickly!  Today I wanted to share what I would do for my hair, makeup and nails for Valentine's Day.  My look today is very simple, and neutral with minimal eyes, and focus on the lips!  I'm featuring NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks in three shades; Soft Spoken, Cherry Skies, and Vintage.  I'm also featuring Too Faced's Chocolate Bar eye shadow palette as well.  Going for a basic chocolatey, brown eye look, and darker lips (than I usually go for). Shall we begin?

#DatAngleDoe. Myspace much? :3



Bare face!  My skin is just now beginning to calm down.  I've been really loving the Detoxifying mask by TruSelf Organics.  It really helps to keep my face in check, and though it hasn't quite prevented major mountains from forming on my face, it does keep them under control and keeps them from getting worse.  The mask also helps to fade hyper pigmentation or leftover marks too, so I'm definitely going to continue using this mask.  Do you guys want a review?  Do you have a favorite mask for face 'mergencies?  Let me know in the comments below!


Primed my face with a sebum control gel, and used the Laneige BB Cushion in Medium.  It's my second BB Cushion ever, and compared to The Faceshop sebum control cushion, I like this one muuuuuch better.  The color match is great, the coverage can be light, but layered on for medium to full coverage.  The Laneige cushion is a bit on the dewy side, so I do have to blot throughout the day, but that's ok, because due to Winter weather, my skin has been more combo lately.  You can see it evens out my skin tone and neutralizes the red quite nicely!  For concealer, I'm also using Laneige Cushion Concealer in Light.  You can find Laneige at your local Target stores now!


Combat pesky T-zone sebum with a dusting of sebum control powder. =^.^=


Scuse' the dead fish face.  I used "Salted Caramel" all over the lid, and "Triple Fudge" in my crease for soft definition.  Both shadows are from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.


I almost forgot blush, but I used NARS Matte Multiple in "Laos" lightly on the apples of my cheeks.  Yay for a nod to my motherland lol!  Laos is a really gorgeous plummy shade, it gives a nice flush to the face, perfect for Winter.  So that's pretty much it for the look overall, you can stop here, or continue with fun lip colors like I did below.


Here I used NYX Liquid Suede Cream lipstick in "Soft Spoken".  It's a nice neutral,  nudy color.  It's a nice nude on me without washing me out but it can make my teeth look a bit on the yellow side.  It's a nice everyday shade and I like it a lot for a more natural look.  It's described on the NYX website as a "mauve nude".  It's much more nude in person than in this photo.


The shade here is "Cherry Skies".  I really love this shade of red, it's vibrant, but not too orange.  It does come off a lot deeper in person, and is perfect for Winter months.  NYX describes it on their website as "a deep wine red".  I apologize as my lighting doesn't reflect that description, but it is accurate.


Last but not least!  This is "Vintage".  I'd say it's the perfect "vampy" 90s lip.  In person, it's a really gorgeous muted, sort of mauve/plum shade.  NYX calls it "a plum with mauve undertones".  I really love this.  It's a great dark lip color for the timid; if you're not wanting to go on full vamp this Winter, opt for something like this.  It's light and neutral enough for day, and dark and vamp enough for a night out.

Products Featured

Face:
  • Etude House Zero Sebum All Day Matte Gel*
  • Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder*
  • Laneige BB Cushion in Medium
  • Laneige Concealer Cushion in Light
  • NARS Matte Multiple in Laos
Eyes:
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
  • Etude House 101 Eyeliner in #50*
  • Innisfree Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
  • Dolly Wink Long Mascara
Brows:
  • Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Skinny Eyebrow pencil in 01 Ash Black*
  • Lioele Artist Auto Eyebrow pencil in No. 3 Gray Black*
Lips:
  • NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks in Soft Spoken, Cherry Skies, and Vintage.
What I'm Wearing:
  • Flannel - F21
  • White lace crop top - F21
  • Choker - I made it!
Hair:
  • NuMe Magic Wand 35mm
  • Tresseme Heat Protectant Spray
  • Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
Nails:


This polish is in shade #04 Eclipse.  It's a gorgeous ruby, glitter.  Looks great on the hands and toes.  You might have seen this featured on my Instagram!  I purchased it on Memebox.com.  I recently rediscovered them and after wanting to try them out for a while, finally did and am very happy with their service and products.

  The products marked with an asterisk were all purchased at ibuybeauti.com.  You can purchase Dolly Wink products on Sasa.com, the Innisfree eyeshadow primer from Amazon.com or w2beauty.com if it's available, and the Laneige and NYX products at your local Target if they carry it.

*SMOOSH*

That's it for this FOTD!  I hope you liked it and were inspired if you were in search of a Valentine's Day look.  I am wearing pretty casual clothing in the photos, but I'd probably opt for something cuter like a dress or a skirt.  What kind of look are you going to rock this year?  Are you a Valentine's Day classic red lip type of girl, or are you sultry vampy lip kind of girl? (Or guy! ^.^)  Let me know in the comments!  Until next time! (^.~ )v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate them. ♥ I love checking out other people's blogs, so please feel free to leave your link! Unfortunately, any "follow for follow" requests will be ignored or deleted.

♥ (^-^ )v

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...